Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question sorry, but haven't got my car yet and been watching so many videos on this that I am now confused.

When plugged in on USB, you can use Apple Play (for those with iPhones) and the videos seem to go into a big deal about using the navigation maps from apple play rather than the in car one navigation? I assume that you end up paying for data streaming if using apple play maps, but my question is - can I have apple play on to listen to apple music / my music on the iPhone AND have the in car navigation working at the same time (on the active info display), or if you are attached to apple play - will this stop the in car navigation being used?

Also - is the in car navigation just visual, or does a little voice tell you "in 800 yards, take the exit"...etc etc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the silly question.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can answer this comfortable as I have the same set up.

You can plug and select Apple Play, sort your music out via this part and then once finished select the in car Nav but and you are away. The Nav has either a female or male voice telling you the relevant information of which junction to take etc. This can be turned up or down depending on preference

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts