Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered Area View Camera system. I have also been researching dash cams to protect my pride and joy when it arrives.

Cams I have been looking at have been BlackVue cams front and rear. In particular I am keen to have cameras that record when parked. I am hesitant to install such devices for risk of cluttering up the windows and spoiling the neat clean lines.

Then I thought about the 5 cameras that the car will have anyway: door mirrors, front, rear and top of the windscreen. Is it possible at all to get these to record to an installed hard drive or via WLAN etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im in the exact same boat as you. Following this thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This also crossed my mind.
There must be a way to make this happen, with the all round view it would be like the ultimate dashcam and would be very helpfull if (like most of my cars ) there was driver door damage in car parks.
Please someone ( much more technical than me) find a way to make this happen

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be possible somehow. I reckon VW have missed a money spinning option here. Even the Citroën C3 can have a dash cam as factory fitted option.

I reckon people would pay over the odds if it was on the options list. Companies like BlackVue do great systems for under £300. VW camera tech is already built in - just needs hard drive, perhaps another processer and battery back up.

Even if they charged twice as much as high street dash cams, I reckon lots would add it to their options list.

Any technical help out there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts