Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, inexplicably Area View no longer activates automatically when reverse gear is selected or the centre console button pressed. Instead I only get ParkPilot. I've reviewed the Owner's Manual :oops: to find the cause without success. My impression is that the camera system is no longer active leaving only the parking sensors active.

Anyone else had this experience or able to offer possible solutions, or am I doing something silly :?:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same issue just the one time. After switching ignition off and locking car, when i came back it worked fine again. Not had it since but was a bit odd, i couldn't see anyway of changing it - and had same thing as you in just park pilot came up

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Area View has remained AWOL. I took the vehicle into the local dealer last week who took it into the workshop immediately and checked it over to see if there was a quick fix - they were unable to identify the root cause. My car is back in their workshop this morning for a full diagnostic check, and hopefully fix :oops:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked my car up from workshop. Hours spent trying to trace fault (component failure, faulty connections) but nothing found, technical report/query sent to VW. :oops: Car was rebuilt because I need it tonight, and hey presto its working again :) The Service Manager and Master Technician came out to speak to me, they are both frustrated because they don't know what the fault was, or the fix. They presume it was a faulty connection somewhere but they were looking for such when trying to diagnose the fault and didn't find one. They will update me on any feedback from VW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.