Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurrah!

Ordered 4/11, at the dealers on 16/12... 6 weeks - not bad :)

Hoping to pickup between Xmas and new year

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is pretty quick. Post some photos when you get it. Nice Xmas present :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice, perfect Christmas present!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well chuffed for you, what a great way to spend xmas! :cool:

That said i don't understand this, i ordered in September and have been told mine won't be available until May (8 months) so either my dealer right royally messed up or something is not right!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealers did say they were amazed how fast this one was.

I pickup on the 28th...... Christmas got in the way of an earlier date :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
~dadam02~ said:

That said i don't understand this, i ordered in September and have been told mine won't be available until May (8 months) so either my dealer right royally messed up or something is not right!
It coz they hates you :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
~dadam02~ said:

Dealer gets allocated so many build slots every quarter I think so I suspect they took your order when they had used these up and you got put into the next batch .
Build depends also on your spec,colour etc .
Did they give you an expected delivery time ,say 16-20 wks? when you ordered .

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bet you're really looking forward to it. Mines been stuck at Emden for the week, been checking every day on the live chat, but after noticing gareth78 car is in the UK (being ordered within a couple of days of mine), I've just checked again and it left the port yesterday. He couldn't confirm if it had arrived in the UK as his system hadn't updated, don't know how long this journey takes? Looks like you will be the 1st person on the forum to get the 240bitdi model.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealers said yesterday that mine was the first "240" they'd had arrive - I'd better check they haven't put a few hundred miles on it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You never know it maybe the first in the UK too! Hoping mine arrives at dealer's soon.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics of this Tig DrMiles......... different as you say, SEL 240ps....but....with the 20'' wheels. Same colour, De-badged as mine...Hmmm :idea: :arrow: I might get in the wrong car, if parked at the side of me.... :lol: :lol: 'enjoy' & Happy Christmas DrMiles :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pasquale said:
I bet you're really looking forward to it. Mines been stuck at Emden for the week, been checking every day on the live chat, but after noticing gareth78 car is in the UK (being ordered within a couple of days of mine), I've just checked again and it left the port yesterday. He couldn't confirm if it had arrived in the UK as his system hadn't updated, don't know how long this journey takes? Looks like you will be the 1st person on the forum to get the 240bitdi model.
Pasquale, shipping only takes about 20 hours, mine was on the Gran Canaria Car, left on 13th arrive 14th, dealer expects it 19th so going on Monday to sign papers, has said pick it up Tuesday if I want, going to push for Friday as I'll have finished work so can spend the day faffing before a drive up north for family Christmas, already have the map update downloaded.

P.s. Mine went to Sheerness.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, that's a quick turnaround and just in time for Christmas. Think mine will be going to Grimsby and will probably be there now if it takes less than a day on the boat! Need to talk to the dealer early next week, would be great if I could pick up mine before the new year to take advantage of the 2 free services (SUV event - Nov), hopefully if the dealer will honour this!

·
Registered
59 Posts
We didn't discuss the free service thing but have a flyer I got through the post so will take it with me when I go to sign papers and use the matter of fact approach since it's a VW offer not a dealer offer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For what it's worth, my dealer said I would get the free servicing deal whether I picked up on the 28th or in the New Year.... didn't seem to matter to them...

·
Registered
123 Posts
every so often VW introduce promotions to entice people into showrooms and hopefully buy cars , sometime in november they held one offering free 2 yr servicing if you placed an order for a Tiguan , VW pay for it not the franchised dealerships .
it doesnt matter how you pay for the car pcp or otherwise .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told first 240 in uk arrived mid November in Aberdeen. About 10 days ago two SELs arrived in the south east and (am told) are headed for the show room. Not about to test at the moment but hoping to next week!

@DrMiles:
Great car and Christmas Present!!
What do you think of the DSG box with the 240 engine? I test drove a 150 and found there was a huge lag on acceleration after heavy braking, hence I'm waiting to test the 240. I'd be real interested to know how you find it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
misstiggy said:
What do you think of the DSG box with the 240 engine? I test drove a 150 and found there was a huge lag on acceleration after heavy braking, hence I'm waiting to test the 240. I'd be real interested to know how you find it.
Totally different animal 240 v 150......did you test drive DSG in 'Normal' or 'Sport' mode?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Negativepitch said:
~dadam02~ said:

It coz they hates you :lol:
Never a truer word spoken :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.