Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2008 vw tiguan tdi sport manual. the auto hold function does not work, and the parking light is on on the dashboard and it says parking break error consult the drivers manual. The handbrake works fine when using the paddle, its only the auto hold that does not work.

does anybody know anything I can try to fix this. somebody suggested it could just need to be reset somehow but I'm not sure what to do. Also does anyone know if this would be an MOT fail? The light stays on on the dashboard, but the handbrake does work if you use it manually.

The car also came with a TPK music kit which i can connect my phone to, but doesn't work. The screen does not work on the kit. any suggestions on how to reset this would be a great help too! I saw a video on youtube showing how to disconnect the hard disk and reconnect it to reset the bluetooth but i cant find the hard disk on my car

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm not sure this is the best place for advice on the older Tiguans, being a forum for the mk2, but welcome.

·
Registered
953 Posts
paulc1983 said:
Hi

I have a 2008 vw tiguan tdi sport manual. the auto hold function does not work, and the parking light is on on the dashboard and it says parking break error consult the drivers manual. The handbrake works fine when using the paddle, its only the auto hold that does not work.

does anybody know anything I can try to fix this. somebody suggested it could just need to be reset somehow but I'm not sure what to do. Also does anyone know if this would be an MOT fail? The light stays on on the dashboard, but the handbrake does work if you use it manually.

The car also came with a TPK music kit which i can connect my phone to, but doesn't work. The screen does not work on the kit. any suggestions on how to reset this would be a great help too! I saw a video on youtube showing how to disconnect the hard disk and reconnect it to reset the bluetooth but i cant find the hard disk on my car

Thanks in advance

Paul
Any light on the dash is a MOT fail

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i will try that forum. as for the MOT I think its not a fail. : The MOT test now includes a 'Malfunction Indicator Lamp' check. This requires the examiner to visually check that warning lights for electronic stability control, safety restraint systems, anti-lock braking systems and tyre pressure monitoring systems are not permanently illuminated.

as it only indicates electric parking break problems and not abs i think they have to pass it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Surely people won't be waiting for the first MOT due (three years) to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
.....wait until they extend the first MOT to four years!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts