Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Hi Igrim and welcome, yes, the SEL has auto wipers. To set them, push the right hand stalk up one notch to start, and vary the sensitivity with the slide switch on the top of the stalk.
Hope that helps.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I push my stalk up one to my set intermittent and it swipes faster as the rain gets heavier the slows down once the rain eases on my SEL....if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
One thing to remember with the onset of winter is that it's quite possible for the frost to stick the wiper blades to the windscreen, so I make sure if I've used the auto wipers I will always switch them off afterwards. Otherwise they will try to move as soon as you switch the ignition on, and you can end up either damaging the blades, blowing a fuse or possibly damaging the motor.

Steve

·
Registered
835 Posts
Essjay said:
One thing to remember with the onset of winter is that it's quite possible for the frost to stick the wiper blades to the windscreen, so I make sure if I've used the auto wipers I will always switch them off afterwards. Otherwise they will try to move as soon as you switch the ignition on, and you can end up either damaging the blades, blowing a fuse or possibly damaging the motor.

Steve
Good tip Steve. Something I always forget to do.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
One good thing about not getting up for work early, if it's that cold & frosty I stop in bed ;) :lol: :lol: Retirement...can't beat it .....my new career :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Essjay said:

Steve
What I find with my 2015 Mk1 is that the autowipers don't actually start operating until you've started moving (similar to the door locking) I often find I'm wishing them to operate and have to flick the wash to clear the windscreen before moving out the drive. But yes, if it's freezing switch them off before driving off.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
stumpy said:
One good thing about not getting up for work early, if it's that cold & frosty I stop in bed ;) :lol: :lol: Retirement...can't beat it .....my new career :D
Here's a man after my own heart :D . Retirement beats working any day!

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
stumpy said:
Here's a man after my own heart :D . Retirement beats working any day!

Steve
;) :D :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts