Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order placed with Reading Volkswagen - hoping for delivery in April, but awaiting confirmed date

Spec is as follows;

Tiguan TSI 180 4 Motion SEL DSG
Indium Grey
20" Miramar Alloys
Electric Tailgate and Keyless Entry
Heated Windscreen
Wireless Phone Charger
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated Rear Seats
Sports Suspension
Badge Deletion
4 Year Warranty

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice spec...I spoke to Reading VW as we live there and they couldn't get anywhere near the price I paid for mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got them to match a price I got from a dealer on Carwow. And they gave me a better trade in price too! Where did you order yours from??

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered mine from Motor Source group, although Car File also had a very good price. I didn't have a vehicle to trade as I am coming out of a BMW PCP deal. I saved £5,000 off the list price of £33,000ish so I was very happy. Only downside is car gets delivered (not driven) normally like to collect at a dealership in case I spot something wrong. Dealer they use is Listers in Nuneaton.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a similar discount using Carwow... seems that £5K might be around the maximum level of discount available - possibly lower for those with a lower list price

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just logged into VW website and build week is now confirmed for week commencing 13/03/2017 :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Its funny how the whole car discount works with varying brokers. I notice that Urrrz106 has ordered a vehicle through motor source, whom I did try, and the vehicle is coming from Listers in Nuneaton. When I went to listers they couldn't beat the quote I'd been given by drive the deal nor was there carwow quote overly competitive. I suppose it depends who they sell the most cars through. Good luck with the new car when it arrives.

·
Registered
96 Posts
dolphinfriendly1012 I believe Motor source group use the Fleet side of Listers Nuneaton, rather than the retail side which probably means greater discount. I nearly bought through Carfile as they had a better deal than MSG, but it involved extra agro of taking the PCP deal and then cancelling within 14 days to take advantage of manufacturers offer. MSG matched the deal and will deliver the car to my home. Carwow quotes for me were no where near my deal.

·
Registered
627 Posts
How come some people have received their build week within a few days of ordering but I ordered just over a week ago now and its still at Processing Order?

I assume from reading some other threads that the order tracking system is a little sporadic in its updates - is that right?

I have ordered:
TIGUAN 2.0 TDI 2WD 150 SEL 7-Speed DSG
Urano Grey (standard as could not afford to add much more - decided to go for best spec I could afford rather than colour)
Titan Black cloth (standard)
Rear view camera with Park Assist.

Was told it could be up to 4 months ??

Plus only having it for 2 years and will look at upgrading further then.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
How come some people have received their build week within a few days of ordering but I ordered just over a week ago now and its still at Processing Order?

I assume from reading some other threads that the order tracking system is a little sporadic in its updates - is that right?

I have ordered:
TIGUAN 2.0 TDI 2WD 150 SEL 7-Speed DSG
Urano Grey (standard as could not afford to add much more - decided to go for best spec I could afford rather than colour)
Titan Black cloth (standard)
Rear view camera with Park Assist.

Was told it could be up to 4 months ??

Plus only having it for 2 years and will look at upgrading further then.
Hi Bhuna......from pics I have seen of your chosen colour in the gallery looks 'Brill'....I must admit I have not seen a colour I dislike yet, but certainly the Grey's look cleaner when dirty... ;) ;) ;) :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bhuna said:
Ordered my SEL two weeks ago, still no build date.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cheers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bhuna, your question has brought me good luck. This morning got notification of build week commencing 27/03/2017 :D

So looking like late April early May for delivery, I'm away most of May :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Excellent news.

What day did you order. Mine was late Monday 20th Feb. So giving the dealer the benefit of not doing it until 21st.

I tried online help and they just told me to be patient.

I must stop acting like a spoilt little boy waiting a big present. LOL.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Order was placed on 16th Feb with Hayselden Volkswagen in Doncaster. Order form gives estimated delivery date of 17th of May. Hopefully it'll be a bit before then as I'm out of the country for the first week and then the 2nd half of May. We'll see. I'm refusing to get excited at this stage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Due to go into build next week - it's fair to say I'm getting a little excited! It's not often I wish the weekend would go quicker!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Logged into the tracker this morning - 'Your Tiguan is on its way'!! - Hopefully will be able collect just after Easter :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Urrrz106 said:
Nice spec...I spoke to Reading VW as we live there and they couldn't get anywhere near the price I paid for mine.
Hi Urrrz106

Are you still collecting yours this week? ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
robertbeavan1971 said:
Urrrz106 said:
Hi Urrrz106

Are you still collecting yours this week? ;)
Being delivered tomorrow to my house, BMW being collected by BCA today...not posted on this site since the R-line / SEL remarks from a certain member. Still read forums as there is a lot of good advice and decent owners on here. Really nervous about jumping ship from BMW and hope I have not made a bad call....When do you get your Tig?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Enjoy tomorrow!
I'm sure the move from BMW to VW will be fine, be interested to hear your first impressions :) - I'll keep an eye out for you in the Reading area, as I'm in W'ham...
Mine's just finished build - hoping to get mine in about 4-5 weeks

1 - 20 of 49 Posts