Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tiguan 2019 beeps when its locked all day. Initially I thought it beep because of security and I was standing too close to it, but with no one in the garage, it beeps all day. I also thought because I didn’t drive it much the battery was low so I took it out and the beep is still there.
I like to add that there are no warning lights on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Never heard of this fault before.

You say you took it out, do you mean for a drive or left it outside the garage and it still beeps?

You may have to take it back to the dealer and ask them to plug it into the diagnostics.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of this fault before.

You say you took it out, do you mean for a drive or left it outside the garage and it still beeps?

You may have to take it back to the dealer and ask them to plug it into the diagnostics.

Keep us updated.
I can't find anything online about it either. I took it out for a drive (30min). No beeps when I drive but just when it's parked. I will probably take it to the dealer next week to see the reason.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So this is a beeping sound clearly audible from outside the car rather than one of the many warning beeps that sound from the dash when driving?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is it just the one beep about 30 seconds after the car has been locked, or does it keep on beeping?
if it’s the single beep after the 30 seconds is it a confirmation beep to notify you that the car is locked and the alarm armed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it just the one beep about 30 seconds after the car has been locked, or does it keep on beeping?
if it’s the single beep after the 30 seconds is it a confirmation beep to notify you that the car is locked and the alarm armed?
It keeps on beeping, about a couple minutes from each other. It keeps going all night when it’s in the garage.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,646 Posts
I wonder if somehow it’s connected in some way with the alarm. Does it still ‘beep’ if the alarm is not on?

Steve

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You'd see that by the graphics on the dash if you look through the window. However I can't think of any warning like that, it doesn't normally warn of doors etc open without the ignition on. Nor can I place that beep noise.

You say when locked, so it doesn't happen if left unlocked? You can disable the alarm internal sensors, click the lock button a second time. It'll disable the internal sensors and un-deadlock the doors. Doing this might give a clue if it changes the symptom.

·
Registered
755 Posts
It probably feels unloved being left all alone in the garage all night.........:cry:

Reactions: ngoct

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you use the We Connect app? If so does that indicate any doors or windows etc being sensed as open?

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Is it a warning that a door or something is not fully shut or sticky contact, open and close all doors, tailgate and bonnet and try again.
If a door is not fully shut it would not allow you to lock car and you do not get the indicators flash.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Front doors yes, rear doors no, you can lock the car with the rear doors open, but you're right you only get the confirmation flash (and deadlock) if all doors are fully closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You'd see that by the graphics on the dash if you look through the window. However I can't think of any warning like that, it doesn't normally warn of doors etc open without the ignition on. Nor can I place that beep noise.

You say when locked, so it doesn't happen if left unlocked? You can disable the alarm internal sensors, click the lock button a second time. It'll disable the internal sensors and un-deadlock the doors. Doing this might give a clue if it changes the symptom.
It happens when it's locked. If I unlock the doors, the front lights come one and the side mirror swivels out. I think I would be more paranoid leaving it all night like that.

I will give this a try. I couldn't figure out how to disable the alarm before.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It happens when it's locked. If I unlock the doors, the front lights come one and the side mirror swivels out. I think I would be more paranoid leaving it all night like that.

I will give this a try. I couldn't figure out how to disable the alarm before.
Don't worry, the lights go off after a minute or so. The car also goes into a 'sleep' mode locked or not, after a period of idle (half an hour, hour, can't remember exact length of time) so it conserves battery life when left e.g. at the airport for a couple of weeks.

However do NOT accept from the dealer that this is normal, it most definitely isn't! Is this a a second user car? Did the previous owner install his own alarm perhaps??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts