Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tricky, (in the words of our dearly departed Meat Loaf) you took the words right out my mouth. I think it has an aftermarket alarm fitted by the previous owner. I had one fitted years ago which had an option to beep every couple of mins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Don't worry, the lights go off after a minute or so. The car also goes into a 'sleep' mode locked or not, after a period of idle (half an hour, hour, can't remember exact length of time) so it conserves battery life when left e.g. at the airport for a couple of weeks.

However do NOT accept from the dealer that this is normal, it most definitely isn't! Is this a a second user car? Did the previous owner install his own alarm perhaps??
I bought it brand new at the dealer 2 years ago so nothing should be aftermarket. I'll give it a try with the unlock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
100% agree with the comment earlier that you should not let the dealer get away with claiming this is normal. It's pretty shocking that they'd say this, and would make me think of trying to find an alternative dealer.

·
Registered
929 Posts
100% agree with the comment earlier that you should not let the dealer get away with claiming this is normal. It's pretty shocking that they'd say this, and would make me think of trying to find an alternative dealer.
I agree. saying this sort of thing to a forum member shows them up for what they are really like. They don't realise that you've already asked the opinion of everyone on here with the same car, none of whom have had the same symptom so can hardly be treated as normal can it. If you have an alternative dealer close by, try them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never heard of this fault before.

You say you took it out, do you mean for a drive or left it outside the garage and it still beeps?

You may have to take it back to the dealer and ask them to plug it into the diagnostics.

Keep us updated.
This recently started on my Tiguan and it is driving me nuts. I am going to the dealership this week.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts