Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all. I traded my left hand drive Tiguan in for a 2021 Elegance. I am definitely in love with my Diesel automatic. I am leaving the UK and returning to South Africa. Does anyone know how to change the navigation from Western Europe to South Africa. It does not have a smart card. I have tried from dealer all the way to VW UK and nobody can tell me how it can be done. Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
With the previous system MIB2, you could save a new map to the SD card. I guess there has to be a way to load additional maps and select which is active on this MIB3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my previous Tiguan there was an SDCard but this model does not have a SDCard I need to change the ninety on the computer and it seems like no mechanic in the UK understands the concept.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I know the system in North America is fundamentally different from Europe, I don't know how different the systems are in Africa, I assumed if you could drive all the way there then the nav might just need a change of maps.

Don't know of any coding that would fix this, it might be different firmware installed at manufacture. Maybe the head unit might need replacing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the system in North America is fundamentally different from Europe, I don't know how different the systems are in Africa, I assumed if you could drive all the way there then the nav might just need a change of maps.

Don't know of any coding that would fix this, it might be different firmware installed at manufacture. Maybe the head unit might need replacing.
I saw a post which was on chrome by an Australian who showed that the binnery options of the computer can be changed. EG Australia 0000080 and UK 0000060. Therefore I am assuming that South Africa would be a simple binary number to change from UK to SA. However it’s just way out of the brain capabilities of the workshops here in the UK to think out of the box. A simple reply from 90% of them that I have spoken to is “we don’t have the licence to do this change - 😶”

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you have the post, that tells you which module to make this change you can do it with OBDeleven. You'd need to have these details though as there are dozens of control modules. It may be the media module, or the navigation, but it could also be the BCM which is the central controller for the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good morning Tricky. I do have the post but I think I will go with the external TomTom. I don’t want to run the risk of totally messing up the cars computer system. I have also contacted Barons Volkswagen in Cape Town and perhaps they will be able to do it once I am in Cape Town. Having said that their website on models does not show that they have either the R line or the elegance. I have also tried to contact Volkswagen Germany and hit a brick wall there too. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts