Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bit of an old post to resurrect but from my research I don't think the new Tiguan is compatible with rear mounted bike racks, other than those that attach to a tow bar.

As VW don't seem to offer a non precious metal tow bar I am looking into roof options. As such does anyone know the how far the panoramic roof sticks up when it retracts? Especially at the edges. I know the Whispbar system I've used on previous cars isn't high enough but I'm wondering about Thule's low profile wing edge bars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Probably didn't explain that particularly well. When you open the sunroof, and ultimately slide it back fully open, I'm assuming it sits proud of the roof. Depending on how far it is raised from the roof line would dictate how low any roof bars can sit and still allow full operation of the sunroof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used a bike rack (2 cycle) on my early 2011 Tiguan. It is a VW part 5NO 071 104 and fits onto the rear door. It causes no interference with any part, though I do not have a sunroof.
Mind you, I now want rid of it, but I am in BT48!

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's not a recommendation as such. but I was looking myself and the Thule website has one for Tiguan mark 2. 2016 onwards if you use the rear carrier drop down on their website. Shows version Back Pack 973 you could always look for a Thule retailer near to you and ask them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thread dredge - so I got a rear mounting bike rack similar to the Thule. With the bikes on, it seems to cause a problem with the lane assist. Any way to tell the Tig that there's a bike rack on? Or do I just have to put up with the yellow warning light on the dash?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.