Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Receipt Paper Number Paper product

Hi Guys, as some of you are aware I was so happy to pick up my mk2 Tiguan SEL 190ps Indium Grey. (Friday afternoon)
Well at 'Midnight' tonight I have dropped to earth at the speed of light with a massive 'Bump' ......On checking my paperwork & VIN number it is stating it is a 140ps staring at me right in the eyes in black & white. ....Couldn't believe my eyes. Well I will have to ring up fist thing in the morning and see what they have to say for themselves. Wishing now I never asked the question a night ago about how to tell the difference in PS. Can't sleep now....Any thoughts :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Stumpy

Think you might be getting confused.

The pic shows you having a 140 kw TDI engine not a 140 PS engine.

140 KW = 187.7 BHP.

Think you can relax and enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Stumpy
Don't worry I had exactly the same panic when Ingot my SEL but it is a 190. Quoting KW is really confusing when 190 hour happens to be 150 kw. I bet BW get lots of queries.
Enjoy the new car I love my SEL 190 TDI and have now done 5,500 enjoyable miles.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awwww Guys,,,,Phew, Sorry for being so 'Thick' I'm embarrassed :oops: to say.... what a sleepless night I've had. Thanks for putting my mind at rest as I was out last night with a torch looking for the VIN plate on the car & can't see them anywhere. Glad I checked all the knowledgeable comments on here before I rang VW back this morning....Thanks Guys much appreciated :D :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Stumpy - I am over in Lancs today.....do you want me to bring you some new trousers ?

You really do need to keep off that herbal hotpot young man....

That said I pick mine up in less that 9 hrs now so I had better stop being such a smart ar"e ! - Thing is if mine turns out to be a 190 then that will suit me down to the ground as I only ordered a 150 !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terrier1964 said:
Hey Stumpy - I am over in Lancs today.....do you want me to bring you some new trousers ?

You really do need to keep off that herbal hotpot young man....

That said I pick mine up in less that 9 hrs now so I had better stop being such a smart ar"e ! - Thing is if mine turns out to be a 190 then that will suit me down to the ground as I only ordered a 150 !
:lol: Herbal hopot...I like it :lol: I was panicking like corporal Jones in Dads Army to say the least.... Have a good safe Journey mate & 'enjoy' the new Tig :D :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've only got a 150, wonder if I made the wrong choice? No more than happy with the engine and performance.

Just remember you have the next few weeks being hypersensitive as you drive and listen to every noise and looking for marks ....... relax and enjoy it's a great car....

Pics?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yetirider said:
I've only got a 150, wonder if I made the wrong choice? No more than happy with the engine and performance.

Just remember you have the next few weeks being hypersensitive as you drive and listen to every noise and looking for marks ....... relax and enjoy it's a great car....

Pics?
I put a few on earlier 'yetirider' in the Gallery :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I also agonised about the choice of engine power. Ordered the 150PS, and actually enquired a few weeks ago about upping it to a 190, but was told that my order was too far down the line to change. Probably not a bad thing, as I've got a 140PS diesel at the moment and never once thought 'this is a bit sluggish'. Getting a more powerful beast would be a nice party trick to show off to my mates, but also increase the chances of catching a crafty speed camera !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ended up getting the 150PS and I really don't regret it.

I was originally looking at the 180PS petrol and 190PS diesel (and dreaming about the 240PS ;) ) I didn't get a chance to test drive the 190PS, but took a 180PS out for a couple test drives and it was fine, but what I found interesting was, when I wanted to see what the ride was like on a Tig with 20" wheels and sports suspension, the dealership only had a 150 R-Line that I could drive. I took this out and was instantly shocked at how much more responsive it felt compared to the 180PS. That test drive ultimately changed my mind, so I ended up going with the 150.

I know the 190PS would've been even better, but after the revelation that I would be just as satisfied with the 150PS - I decided to save some ££ and not compromise on some of the extras I wanted on the car.

To give some context: my previous car was a mapped MK5 Golf GT 170, running somewhere between 190-200.

·
Registered
53 Posts
These aren't fast cars. IMO the 150 is good enough although when I accidentally put it in eco mode without reading the manual it felt dreadful. The sport mode sharpens it up enough to give a bit of a thrill but there are plenty of other options out there if your driving dynamic requires something more spirited.

·
Registered
182 Posts
BC88 said:
I ended up getting the 150PS and I really don't regret it.

I was originally looking at the 180PS petrol and 190PS diesel (and dreaming about the 240PS ;) ) I didn't get a chance to test drive the 190PS, but took a 180PS out for a couple test drives and it was fine, but what I found interesting was, when I wanted to see what the ride was like on a Tig with 20" wheels and sports suspension, the dealership only had a 150 R-Line that I could drive. I took this out and was instantly shocked at how much more responsive it felt compared to the 180PS. That test drive ultimately changed my mind, so I ended up going with the 150.

I know the 190PS would've been even better, but after the revelation that I would be just as satisfied with the 150PS - I decided to save some ££ and not compromise on some of the extras I wanted on the car.

To give some context: my previous car was a mapped MK5 Golf GT 170, running somewhere between 190-200.
When there are choices I think it's natural to want the more powerful and faster models but in the real world with speed limits, speed cameras and congestion the 150 seems fine and the money saved can be a deposit on the next one

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Tig16 said:
When there are choices I think it's natural to want the more powerful and faster models but in the real world with speed limits, speed cameras and congestion the 150 seems fine and the money saved can be a deposit on the next one
Exactly my thoughts as well ;)

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The reason I went for the diesel 190 ps..... was for the extra power + torque for Towing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.