Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone got a TSI DSG SEL on Mirimar alloys?

Just want to check that the Co2 remains at 170, as the VW brochure has the usual blurb about larger wheels impacting Co2...

Dealer has charged me £300 for RFL, but as I'm expecting an April delivery, I think the RFL is going to go up to £500.... hope he's not expecting me to pay the extra £200 :roll:

Thanks...

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Hi Rob, just checked my T's&C's on my original paperwork, and if yours are the same (no reason to be different), you may be out of luck :(
Check point 5.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got the 20" alloys (spec below) and I don't remember paying more - HMRC seem to ignore what you modify; within reason.
Similarly my old Merc had larger alloys and I paid the "standard" tax
Ditto my SAAB Aero - actually got the tax reduced and a refund!!
So good luck
Earl

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Essjay - will take a look at my paperwork...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Earl_H said:
I've got the 20" alloys (spec below) and I don't remember paying more - HMRC seem to ignore what you modify; within reason.
Similarly my old Merc had larger alloys and I paid the "standard" tax
No they don't! If it changes bands then you pay higher tax. You mentioned Mercs - it's really common on those and BMWs as people often go up a couple of sizes so are more likely to break into the next band.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I quote from the Tig spec sheet "Please note, choosing optional alloy wheels does not affect CO2 emissions on Tiguan models" :) it then goes on to say you will use more fuel :? (Looks like an American Presidents Logic) see

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/brochures/tiguan-nf-brochure.pdf

A bit further down it says "may increase CO2 emissions" :? :?

In short it looks like a bit of a gamble :!: good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts