Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from the detailers and I am chuffed to bits with the result! Well worth the money in my opinion.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire

Here is a description of what they did (from their Facebook page)

Here is the Brand New Vw Tiguan.
We had this in for the last 2 days to be able to carry out a comprehensive exterior service allowing us to identify the defects in the brand new paint surfaces then allowing us to make a plan of action to then remove then protect the exterior surfaces.

This custommer opted for the Gyeon Quartz Coating system, so here is what we carried out to achieve the results you see here:

Full Decontamination Wash
Full Clay Bar
Full Paint Depth Analysis
1 Stage Machine Polish
Further Localised correction on some areas
Full Wipe down & Prep
Application of Gyeon MOHS+ to bodywork
Application of Gyeon Rim to Alloys
Application of Gyeon View to Glass
Application of Gyeon Trim to plastics

All this allowed us to remmove the defects and add a superficial layer of protection giving added chip & scratch resistance as well as being Chemical Resistant, Super Hydrophobic and lasting in excess of 5 years!

T: (+44) 01302 354798
W: http://www.cleandetail.co.uk
L: Doncaster, South Yorkshire UK
GYEON quartz Professional Valeters & Detailers Rupes S.p.A.

So that's most of the exterior protected now, just waiting on to get my rear bumper protector fitted Friday at VW and then it's all done (still waiting for those R line mud guards :()

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks better than new. You can't beat black and chrome when it's perfectly clean but keeping it that way will require a daily wash..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow...looks 'Brill' 'triggerwizzard' very smart. Liking the look also of the 'Mercedes-Benz G-Class' in the background. Serious money they are now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks fantastic Trigger wizard and I bet the cost was no where near dealer cost for poor job. Already got mine booked with local detailed for when it arrives.

I was discussing with my local guy and he was explaining how poor the bodywork can be in even on a brand new car that has been recently built that is why he always machines the paint work before applying treatments and protection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the detailer I used explained something similar Timbo, said that all new cars still travel 500+ miles on the back of a lorry picking up all sorts of road contaminates and that all the dealerships do is give them a quick once over before handing them to the customer. Or if you paid for it to be 'protected' they don't even decontaminate it first!

I requested my dealership not clean the car before I picked it up for the first time but they refused telling me they had to and low behold the car was covered in swirls with just 1 mile on the clock! Ah well looks great now!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Triggerwizzard,

Wow your car looks fantastic! I am very jealous of the result they have achieved on your car. Need to find somewhere here that provides the service you have had done in the spring. I hand washed, clay bared and waxed my new Tiguan a few days after collecting it with Maguire car care products after watching a YouTube video of how to clean your car properly, So hopefully I can have the same treatment done that you have had once spring starts here in Germany.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have done an extensive research and The Maguire wax protection is one of the best in the market for decent protection as well as the Sonax Carnauba wax.
I will be applying the Carnauba wax protection in a few days with a friend of mine who knows very well how to it and I will post some photos as well mates.
However the BEST No.1 protection is the Ceramic protection which costs a small fortume...around €1000-1200....which is a NO GO for me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That looks stunning but a black car for me is a no go ,living out in the country like I do.
I remember when I had mine done ,while I was there collecting it a guy in a Porsche 911 came in and took one look and said that looks gorgeous .
Made me smile .
The shine these guys get is amazing ! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks brilliant. Really good detail carried out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guys at clean detail are brilliant, very knowledgeable and friendly one of the cleanest workshops I've been into.

And at least you have some protection Det, sounds like you did it right with claying first. But as for home protection I will always prefer sealants over wax just because it lasts longer, works better and can be sprayed on easier it may not give as deep a shine as wax though. I'd highly recommend either gyeons cure sealent or auto finesses tough coat sealent.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am planning on using auto finesse tough coat when my motor arrives. Applied it to my last car a few times and was happy with it. Ordered Gyeon Q2 fabric coat for the interior. It's got good reviews.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I have some gyeon fabric coat coming in the post! I also saw the good reviews and for £14 you can't go wrong. I'll post some pics when I've applied it

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thing is guys it's like decorating good preparation leads to good finishing results so you really need to get the paintwork properly decontaminated and all swirls machined out before applying any sealant and this is best done by professionals with a good reputation.

How I look at it is I've spent this much money buying the car why not get it detailed properly that will last up to 5 years if looked after properly

·
Registered
68 Posts
Their is a place in Edinburgh that uses the Gtechniq Ceramic coats. The results look unbelievable!! Costs about £650 for the works and comes with a 5 year guarantee but if you never really need to wax the car ever again, it is making me consider it!

·
Registered
432 Posts
leethal82 said:
Their is a place in Edinburgh that uses the Gtechniq Ceramic coats. The results look unbelievable!! Costs about £650 for the works and comes with a 5 year guarantee but if you never really need to wax the car ever again, it is making me consider it!
Your Ruby Red Tig will look amazing when done and you will find it stays cleaner as the dirty water will run off easier. Go on spoil yourself you won't regret it. Just think no more polishing :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts