Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I must be doing something stupid as currently unable to activate Bluetooth. Have gone into phone on menu then Bluetooth but for some reason it is not active. Not sure what to try next as manual doesn't help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
johnh,

A couple of things you need to check, ensure your phone has bluetooth turned on and visible and you know the name of your phone. From my memory when I set mine up on the Tiguan gp to phone settings settings on the Tiguan settings screen you need to choose find phone I think it will say in English you then should see a list of phones available or just yours. Select your phone the car will then send a pass key to your phone which you will need to pair the car with you phone. You should then be up and running. You car pair more than one phone to the system for example your wife. You can also assign a paired phone to a driver profile ie your phone to your profile and your wife phone to her driver profile.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant even get as far as recognising my phone as it does not seem to have bluetooth active and when I try to activate bluetooth nothing happens. May need to get VW help but have only had the car a few days and the dealer who supplied it is over 100 miles away.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So you have Bluetooth active on your phone ? What make of phone is it ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rockman2 said:
So you have Bluetooth active on your phone ? What make of phone is it ?
It's an iphone 5s. Not sure if Bluetooth is active in the car as that is the message that comes up on the screen in the car. When I try and tap the little square next to activate Bluetooth nothing happens.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Is that your closest VW dealer, as I'm sure that another one closer would help if needed. I am sure you would not have to return to your original dealer each time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will call VW Guildford tomorrow and see what they say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took Tiguan into VW dealer and service tried to get bluetooth working without success so now booked in for next week so they can hook up diagnostics. Not a great start after 1 week of ownership!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spent two hours whilst tech tried to get Bluetooth working to no avail. Due to need for loan car booked in again for 19th April as they say it might take a couple of days.

Not a great start to my Tiguan ownership!! ☹☹

·
Registered
20 Posts
salmonfisher said:
Probably obvious and VW should know but I have Carnet enabled it disables Bluetooth which is why I don't use it.
So if using Carnet disables Bluetooth I assume that means that you can't make or receive calls using the hands free system?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not a good start to your new car But Rember it's the sat nav software , if it's any form of comfort I had a new Toyota Hybryd Plus
That had simlar problem, new dealer updated software sorted it enjoy your car. I am still waiting for build date on my Tiguan

·
Registered
70 Posts
danw1978 said:
salmonfisher said:
Probably obvious and VW should know but I have Carnet enabled it disables Bluetooth which is why I don't use it.
So if using Carnet disables Bluetooth I assume that means that you can't make or receive calls using the hands free system?
Carnet does NOT turn of bluetooth!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took car into dealer yesterday. Got a call this afternoon to say they are waiting for a code from Germany as car has Bluetooth fitted but system does not recognise it. If it doesn't work then they will have to replace control unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Needs new control unit so looks like I will have to put up with Polo over the weekend!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts