Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the car need to be unlocked for the foot swipe opening to work or can the car be locked.
I only ask as I need to check the car over when I go to sign the papers as they want me to check the car over to make sure its ok.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Hi NP, if you have the 'boot swipe' option it will indeed work with the car locked, and when the boot is then shut, the car will remain locked.
Part of the 'boot swipe' package is that there are two buttons in the boot lid. The left hand button shuts the boot as normal, and the right hand button (with is illuminated) when pressed allows you 20 seconds or so to gather your bits from the boot and walk out of key range where upon the boot will close automatically and lock. Bear in mind this will only work if you've previously locked the car.

Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
what option is the foot swipe included in , ive got full electric tailgate but it appears it doesnt work and checking on the configurator it says full electric tailgate means you can open and close the tailgate from the drivers door

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
tonymar said:
what option is the foot swipe included in , ive got full electric tailgate but it appears it doesnt work and checking on the configurator it says full electric tailgate means you can open and close the tailgate from the drivers door
Hi Tony, do you have the two buttons on the boot lid or just one?

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
If u have the keyless and electric tailgate option it will work. Mine I have to swipe the left hand side of the rear and have the key in my pocket. It works every time for me

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
I actually find mine works every time by just dipping my foot straight in and out in the center.

Steve

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the manual says to kick in and out as opposed to swiping side to side. I was under the car looking for the sensor but couldn't find one. I asked the dealer and he said it just works off the reversing sensor. Not sure if that's correct

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
I believe from what some have said in other threads that there is a sensor under the back bumper. I would have thought that if it was the reversing sensors it would be opening and closing just by standing next to them.

Steve

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pestos said:
If u have the keyless and electric tailgate option it will work. Mine I have to swipe the left hand side of the rear and have the key in my pocket. It works every time for me
I thought the sensor was on the right of the car?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Essjay said:
tonymar said:
Hi Tony, do you have the two buttons on the boot lid or just one?

Steve
hi steve
i have 2 , i did mention it to the salesman on pick up but i think he thought i was joking

·
Registered
122 Posts
Negativepitch said:
Pestos said:
I wave my foot directly under the towbar

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
steve_t said:
Negativepitch said:
Pestos said:
I wave my foot directly under the towbar
I had the towbar on my first R Line and it was on the right of the car for me....when it worked that is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts