1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got the last one as part of the protection pack, it is very similar to the item we had in our Touran for 6 years which pretty much kept the boot carpet underneath pristine. The first one is, I believe more robust but both of these only fit properly with the variable floor in its raised position. The middle one is rigid plastic and (I believe) only fits when the variable floor is in the lowered position.

·
Registered
125 Posts
By the way, it might be worth a quick search, I think there have been a couple of similar threads :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ditto got the last one on the list cheap to buy, light, non slip and does the job, but wouldn't be as hard wearing as the rubber one. :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have bought (but not yet picked up) the last one on the list too based on several recommendations on this forum in a previous thread.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also got the third one - It looks good and is OK for general day to day use, but I've cut a piece of hardboard to put over it if I'm doing something like a tip run as I would imagine it could be easily damaged if subjected to any heavy use.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the 3rd one mate of?

·
Registered
244 Posts
leethal82 said:
What is the 3rd one mate of?
It's a kind of high density PU foam material. OK for general use but I doubt it would withstand heavy impact or rough treatment very well. I would imagine that a dog's claws would shred it pretty quickly for example.
Time will tell I suppose!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So just to confirm, the last one in the last and the cheapest one will sit in the boot nicely even when the boot floor is in the lowered position? looks like the one at the top of the list has to be in the raised position.

·
Registered
244 Posts
leethal82 said:
So just to confirm, the last one in the last and the cheapest one will sit in the boot nicely even when the boot floor is in the lowered position? looks like the one at the top of the list has to be in the raised position.
I think you can get it for either position - when I got mine, they'd ordered the lower level one and it didn't quite fit right, so they reordered me one for the raised level.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought the cheapest one not realising it wasn't rubber until it had arrived.

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back that order and buy a rubber one instead. To me, it's like the posh polystyrene you get underneath fruit from a supermarket. I'm sure it'll be fine for most tasks, but you know where you are with a solid 'normal' one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ended up buying the rigid tray. It's well made but expensive @ 143 pounds. It's advertised as anti slip. Trust me it's not.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got a flexible liner off eBay for £29 and it's fine for the money. It's rollable hard plastic with an anti slip coating. I would say it's as good as the £60 BMW genuine one I bought for my 3 series when I had it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know if the flexible one is waterproof-I mean, if there was dirt/spillage, could it be hosed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts