Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the boot liner? The Mrs got me one for Christmas and I must say it's the worst fitting boot liner I've ever used. It definitely said on the packet that it for the the 2016 onwards model

I'm wondering if I should take it back.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yep got one when I ordered the vehicle there are 3 different types which one did you get and is it the vw one?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Generally speaking I would expect boot liners to be of two types: one for boot floor in lower position and one for higher.
Obviously they can be of different material i.e. rubber or carpet-type...

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I have the flexible boot liner that came as part of the 'protection pack', and it's a perfect fit.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah - its advertised as being designed to fit when the 'floor is up'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anybody fitted one of the "hatch bag " liners. They did seem to go to the trouble of measuring one of the Mk 2. Cars ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is the official version one. It says tiguan on the mat so is for the correct car at least.
It's the 60quid one which I think they describe as a boot mat in the brochure

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
If it's the £60 mat, then it's the '5NA 061 160' which is described in the price list as the 'Boot Mat', whereas the one that comes in the Protection Pack is the £40 '5NA 061 161 called the 'Flexible Loadliner', so it looks like the two are different beasts.

Steve

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Agree totally with DrMiles, that is absolutely terrible. Are you sure it's for the mk2?. Best to package it up, send it back for a refund and buy the official flexible boot liner for £40.

Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Car Trunk Automotive exterior Auto part Personal luxury car

:idea: :idea: :arrow: What I have used for the last few years in my Audi & now the new Tig is this car boot carpet from a Vauxhall Zafira. Fits perfect ;) :D to the tune that it fits high up the back of the back seats to give good protection :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Essjay said:
Agree totally with DrMiles, that is absolutely terrible. Are you sure it's for the mk2?. Best to package it up, send it back for a refund and buy the official flexible boot liner for £40.

Steve
Poor isnt it! I thought the same, maybe it's for the earlier model but I checked the shape of the earlier one and it's just a big rectangle so is definitely for the right year.
I'll go tomorrow when I'm at work. Can't see there being much happening in the office anyway!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I pick my car up tomorrow (hurrah) - they threw a boot liner in for free as part of the deal so I'll let you know how it fits!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
ive had a number of very similar boot liners for other vw- audi cars made of the same plastic , and ive found if you warm them up they become less rigid and more maluable you cam remould them into better positions .

·
Registered
32 Posts
DrMiles said:
I pick my car up tomorrow (hurrah) - they threw a boot liner in for free as part of the deal so I'll let you know how it fits!!!
See you've got the car now (another thread: very nice!) so does the boot liner actually fit and which one did you get?

·
Registered
88 Posts
They forgot to order it! Should be in next week - I'll let you know....

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.