Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 146 Posts
This is the boot liner that was fitted yesterday when I returned to the dealers as part of the protection pack. I questioned them as it just didn't look right!
Anyway this morning I checked part number (5N0061180) and it's the 'Semi Rigid Load Liner' for the Mk1 Tiguan! They should of fitted the 'Flexible Boot Liner (5NA061160).
Then they said they couldn't fit the mud flaps as they are not compatible with the outdoor pack? I have questioned this as maybe they have got the mud flaps for the Mk1 Tiguan too! We'll see what they come back with.

Attachments

I had the protection fitted pre delivery on my SEL 190 TDI. All fits perfectly and I assure you that they fitted the mud flaps and I have the offroad pack too. Wouldn't be without it and car kept reasonably clean despite driving through deep wet mud this summer - my mates Toyota SUV was covered in mud from head to toe!
So your dealer is telling you porkies.

Thanks for the confirmation that the mud flaps can be fitted with the 'Outdoor Pack'. I'm still waiting for them to respond but will keep you all posted.

Kris said:
Essjay said:
Agree totally with DrMiles, that is absolutely terrible. Are you sure it's for the mk2?. Best to package it up, send it back for a refund and buy the official flexible boot liner for £40.

Steve
Poor isnt it! I thought the same, maybe it's for the earlier model but I checked the shape of the earlier one and it's just a big rectangle so is definitely for the right year.
I'll go tomorrow when I'm at work. Can't see there being much happening in the office anyway!
For anybody that lives near a Costco Warehouse I would recommend the boot liner that they sell, it's a generic rubber heavy mat with raised sides, I have had one for years it measures 80cms by 100cms and fits the Tiguan's boot perfectly. I think they sell them for £9.99 + vat but not sure. I would post a picture but it's tipping down at the moment.

Ray

Raymondo111.........Hi...I have looked on there web site & can't see anything listed for the boot liner, would you have a link by any chance please :)

stumpy said:
Raymondo111.........Hi...I have looked on there web site & can't see anything listed for the boot liner, would you have a link by any chance please :)
Hi Stumpy,

With Costco they have a lot more items in the actual warehouse than they have online, they also have online only items so you are better off going into the warehouse if there is one local to you. If the snow has cleared tomorrow I will take a photo so that you can see what it looks like.

Ray

Raymondo111 said:
stumpy said:
Hi Stumpy,

With Costco they have a lot more items in the actual warehouse than they have online, they also have online only items so you are better off going into the warehouse if there is one local to you. If the snow has cleared tomorrow I will take a photo so that you can see what it looks like.

Ray
Okey dokey....thanks mate, much appreciated :)

stumpy said:
Raymondo111 said:
stumpy said:
Hi Stumpy,

Ray
Okey dokey....thanks mate, much appreciated :)
Hi Stumpy,

I went into Costco today and can confirm that the liner is £9.99 plus vat, the design is different to the one that I have but I have probably had mine for 5/6 years, I took a photo on my phone of the one I have in my car but I don't know how to include the photo in my post so if you could let me know how to do this I will attempt it.

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray....what I do is send my pics from the phone into my pictures file on my laptop then press full editor on your post add file and it should work come up....Think that's how I've done it....if that helps Ray

Car Hood Vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior
stumpy said:
Thanks Ray....what I do is send my pics from the phone into my pictures file on my laptop then press full editor on your post add file and it should work come up....Think that's how I've done it....if that helps Ray
Hi Stumpy,

This is my first attempt at attaching photos so here goes:

Attachments

Whey Hey.....Good one Ray...Wow that does look a good fit & quite thick rubber as well. Also at a 3rd of the price of the VW Tig one. Thanks for posting
Chris :) :)

Returned to the dealers yesterday to have the correct mudflaps fitted and exchange the semi rigid load liner for the Mk1 Tiguan they gave me for the Mk2 Tiguan's flexible boot liner. It's a much better fit and is of a squashy material. It's not as sturdy as Rays from Costco though.

So after 2 extra visits due to the dealer messing up, I finally have the protection pack fitted as part of the original car order. I asked for a bottle of screen-wash and the salesperson sat me at the parts desk, returned and said that will be £5.20, when I started to say I've driven over 200 miles and had 2 half days off work, he just said take it then but your not having anything else from us.
Trust me, I won't be rushing back!

Attachments

Please Name & Shame your dealer 'Pasquale....... That is terrible. :x :evil: Grrrr I would of said something I won't say on here :!: :!: Luckily I have never come across this in all my time (years) with my local dealer Corkills at Wigan & Southport, who have always been very professional & polite. :D :D

ps....not forgetting it was them who f**ked up in the first place. Indeed that mat is a much better fit

Wow that's good customer service....NOT....! Name and shame them.... Do you ha e another dealer you can go to instead..?

I don't have to return there now so no objection in naming them as VW Hayselden in Barnsley. I only chose this dealership as I purchased the vehicle on the Carwow scheme and they were offering the best discount at the time, much better than my local dealerships. If I had my time again I would use the best Carwow price and go local.

Finally picked mine up today... perfect fit! Here's a picture of it and a pic of the part number- I'd thoroughly recommend!

Car Hood Automotive design Grille Trunk

Font Gas Auto part Logo Brand

Attachments

Dr Miles, that's the same liner that I've got, however it's certainly not the same as the one in Pasquale's photo a few posts ago :?:

Pasquale, does yours have a part no. Sticker on it?, because it's definitely not the same flexible boot liner that Dr Miles and myself have.

Steve

Essjay said:
Dr Miles, that's the same liner that I've got, however it's certainly not the same as the one in Pasquale's photo a few posts ago :?:

Pasquale, does yours have a part no. Sticker on it?, because it's definitely not the flexible boot liner.

Steve
Agree...Yep...this one looks better

Sorry Stumpy, I edited my post just after you posted your reply.

Steve

21 - 40 of 146 Posts