Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've ordered a Tiguan 2022 R-Line (expected Q3). It doesn't come with a spare wheel, unfortunately, but i wanted to know if there is space for one (either a space saver or full size) and is the boot floor positioned, height wise, to allow for one?

Thanks

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,268 Posts
Hi, I've order a Tiguan 2022 R-Line (expected Q3). It doesn't come with a spare wheel, unfortunately, but i wanted to know if there is space for a spare (either space saver or full size) and is the boot floor adjusted to allow one?

Thanks
Hi Spotpush
If no spare is specified you'll get a 'soft' boot liner in the lower position. While there is certainly room for a spare, you won't have the hard floor nor the slots to reposition said floor to the correct height
I'll ad a link to some pics showing the difference shortly

Edit: Have a look at this thread which shows the differences, with some pics and how some have made their own 'floor'

And this

Reactions: spotpush

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can it not just be added to your order?

·
Registered
624 Posts
There have been several posts on this. Unfortunately they can’t be fitted retrospectively.

I almost missed this - I was content to go with the can of gunk because that’s what all the alternative cars I had been looking had have. But luckily I saw a second hand Tiguan just before I placed the order and I pointed out to the salesman that it was missing the floor. It was only at that point that I realised that was how they come.

I was shocked, frankly I think it is irresponsible, I don’t think anyone would think that they would have to get the floor as an option - none of the alternatives that I looked at were missing the floor.

There are several home-brew solutions but obviously not as neat. A spare wheel and tools is easy enough to source, the main issue is the lack of the floor.

There are two types of floor - the full size spare has a fixed height floor - the space-saver has a two position floor - though there is some doubt whether the full-size spare really exists. At least one person that selected one was delivered the space saver.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There have been several posts on this. Unfortunately they can’t be fitted retrospectively.

I almost missed this - I was content to go with the can of gunk because that’s what all the alternative cars I had been looking had have. But luckily I saw a second hand Tiguan just before I placed the order and I pointed out to the salesman that it was missing the floor. It was only at that point that I realised that was how they come.

I was shocked, frankly I think it is irresponsible, I don’t think anyone would think that they would have to get the floor as an option - none of the alternatives that I looked at were missing the floor.

There are several home-brew solutions but obviously not as neat. A spare wheel and tools is easy enough to source, the main issue is the lack of the floor.

There are two types of floor - the full size spare has a fixed height floor - the space-saver has a two position floor - though there is some doubt whether the full-size spare really exists. At least one person that selected one was delivered the space saver.

Cheers,

Nigel
Double disaster...!

I did originally ask for a full spare but due to time constraints i.e. I'm in desperate need of a new car and couldn't wait 12 months, I had to settle for pre-ordered version, which didn't come with a spare, which I accepted (I'll just buy one when it arrives). Now I find out it won't have a variable/fixed hard floor to put the spare under.

I agree it is irresponsible but not because there's no floor per sa but that it doesn't come with a spare (and floor) as standard, have they solved popped tires now, so they don't need swapping out temporarily?

Not liking the DIY option(s), as you say, it'll never be as neat...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts