Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , looking for some guidance if that's ok. Rejoined this forum as forgot my login details !!!

I currently have a 2018 1.4 Se Nav Tiguan and placed an order for the Hybrid rline in October 2021. Anyhow long story short , due to the issues I have had to amend my order and now expecting a 1.5 DSG Rline. Dealer hasn't been great in comms and I've had to chase for updates.

Today he mailed me to say he thinks it's now Build Confirmed. Is this what it think it is that it's now built and next step should be delivery dates ....or am I getting my hopes up too high again !!!

Thanks and any advice welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered a Tiguan Elegance 1.5 TSI DSG with leather back about the same time and the last I heard (about two months ago) was a prospective build date in early August. The sales person said not to build too much hope on that as it was likely to change but it is good to hear your news and hopefully other trims will now be scheduled into production

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered a Tiguan Elegance 1.5 TSI DSG with leather back about the same time and the last I heard (about two months ago) was a prospective build date in early August. The sales person said not to build too much hope on that as it was likely to change but it is good to hear your news and hopefully other trims will now be scheduled into production
Thanks not taking anything for granted based on the delays we have all had to deal with.

Will see what happens in the coming week.

Crazy that we have all had to wait as long as we have , some of it out of their control of course and much more important things happening in the world right now too.

Hope you get sorted soon also.

👍

·
Registered
697 Posts
Speak to your dealer and ask what the order status is.

To me, build confirms would mean status-20, which means that your order has been allocated an actual build slot. This doesn’t mean it has been built but that it is going to be built. It is better than status 10 (which means that they have given it an estimated build week) but even so, status 20 is not guaranteed as there are people on here that have been stuck at status 20 for weeks/months with the build week long gone with no sign of any progress.

If the car has actually been built then the status should be 30.

I would be concerned that the dealer ‘thinks it is build confirmed’, he should know what status it is, there should be no thinking about it.

If it is status 20 then it will have a build week, ask the dealer what that build week is.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: Sjt76

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speak to your dealer and ask what the order status is.

To me, build confirms would mean status-20, which means that your order has been allocated an actual build slot. This doesn’t mean it has been built but that it is going to be built. It is better than status 10 (which means that they have given it an estimated build week) but even so, status 20 is not guaranteed as there are people on here that have been stuck at status 20 for weeks/months with the build week long gone with no sign of any progress.

If the car has actually been built then the status should be 30.

I would be concerned that the dealer ‘thinks it is build confirmed’, he should know what status it is, there should be no thinking about it.

If it is status 20 then it will have a build week, ask the dealer what that build week is.

Cheers,

Nigel
Thanks Nigel

Appreciate the heads up 👍

Popping into dealership next weekend. So hopefully get more clarity.

Stu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had confirmation, the car is at the port in Germany and should be shipped with expectations of getting it month end. 8 months later , which is a long time but a lot quicker than some in here. Hope you all others are sorted soon 🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
880 Posts
Just had confirmation, the car is at the port in Germany and should be shipped with expectations of getting it month end. 8 months later , which is a long time but a lot quicker than some in here. Hope you all others are sorted soon 🤞🤞🤞
Nice one! What build week were you?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks, but will believe it when I am sat in it !

I was build week 28 , that was around a month back. What is yours at ?

👍
If you look in the other chat you’ll see that a boat docked today from Emden, so your car is most likely sat in Sheerness at the moment! 🙂

mine was week 13

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aren’t build weeks just the calendar weeks? Week 28 of of 2022 is 11 July not start of June. Have I been getting this wrong?
Unsure to be honest with you , I have also heard build weeks are just status of progress? Someone on here will know better than me.

👍

·
Registered
65 Posts
Aren’t build weeks just the calendar weeks? Week 28 of of 2022 is 11 July not start of June. Have I been getting this wrong?
Fairly sure you are correct, someone else on here has been told week 28, 11th July. Maybe this post should be week 23?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been given week 23 as w/c 6th June build.

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,332 Posts
Unsure to be honest with you , I have also heard build weeks are just status of progress? Someone on here will know better than me.

👍
The build week is the week number in the year. My Allspace was build week 17, w/c 25/04

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update on my "build confirmed'....

Still no further on from 1 month ago.

Dealer "assumed" it would be here by now and it would be sat on my drive "1st week in July".

Update last week , still in the port awaiting transit to the UK. This now meant I've had to Tax and test my current Tiguan and now may even have to refinance the balloon payment until it arrives in the next month or so....

What a carry on , I know people have waited linger on here than me. But 10 months from order, deposit paid in October, order changed from Hybrid to petrol due to the issues in Ukraine ....

Fed up now like and feel like just cancelling order.

Rediculous and poor service from VW and Pulman.....and it's Monday again tomorrow 😫😉

1 - 17 of 17 Posts