Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start this thread for anyone else who's Tiguan is due to be built this week 08/05/2017. So far I know of myself and sistig.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine too. Checked yesterday with lease company to be told definitely getting built this week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pumpbhoy, I was on live chat yesterday and they confirmed that mine was at stage 3 (Building the Body) of the build process so hoping it will be complete by the end of the week. RLmatt on another thread confirmed that build stages are:

1. Start production
2. ?
3. Body shop
4. Paint shop
5. Start assembly
6. Assembly
7. Final assembly
8. Production complete, quality check.

Anyway this thread should be a good way to share the info between anyone else with the same build week :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure I'll get any feed back until they contact me to arrange delivery. I have to chase them up for any updates. I'll probably give it the next 3 weeks before I chase again if I need to. Other than that log on here 5 times a day!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pumpbhoy said:
Not sure I'll get any feed back until they contact me to arrange delivery. I have to chase them up for any updates. I'll probably give it the next 3 weeks before I chase again if I need to. Other than that log on here 5 times a day!
Do you not have the order number from the dealer ? if you have you can check the tracker and contact live chat on the website to ask yourself, without going through your dealer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine's not been started yet. Will check back later in the week to see if there's any movement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
EvertonMonkey.... Great username by the way, what team do you support? 😂

I did ask for the order number but it fell on deaf ears and as they answered my questions anyway I let it go. Mines will be leased so not got same direct link to dealer that I'm used to. This is my first time leasing. If I had seen other cars I really wanted I'd have considered cancelling, and they did give me that option, but I really like the Tiguan. And the new Q5 and AMG Premium E-Class I liked are both about £100 per month more. 😂

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pumpbhoy said:
EvertonMonkey.... Great username by the way, what team do you support? 😂

I did ask for the order number but it fell on deaf ears and as they answered my questions anyway I let it go. Mines will be leased so not got same direct link to dealer that I'm used to. This is my first time leasing. If I had seen other cars I really wanted I'd have considered cancelling, and they did give me that option, but I really like the Tiguan. And the new Q5 and AMG Premium E-Class I liked are both about £100 per month more. 😂
Haha got it in one :D

Mines leased too, but direct from a VW dealer. My first time leasing also, so in a similar situation, excluding your extremely long wait :eek: I've only waited since mid-March and it's been torture, so can only imagine how bad your wait had been haha.

I would push them for the order number as then you're not as reliant on them to check up on the car. My dealer emails every week to give status update, but I've usually got the same info as them from the order tracker which I check every morning (and have 5 times a day :lol: )

·
Registered
74 Posts
The wait has been painful. But I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Monthly payment goes to savings instead and it's kind of cool driving a car which I've fully paid for for a change. 😂 I'll actually miss the Megane Sport Tourer GT LINE, been a great car, love it. The Tiguan will be my second Volkswagen, had a Tour a few years ago and loved that too. It had better be worth the wait!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is scheduled for build this week too, then the long wait for a ship and a journey of 3 weeks. We don't have any tracker so I ask the dealer to check every so often.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tig One said:
Mine is scheduled for build this week too, then the long wait for a ship and a journey of 3 weeks. We don't have any tracker so I ask the dealer to check every so often.
Once you get a VIN number it will be approx 2 weeks until you get a ship. Mine got on the ship on the 6th May and the tracking on the VIN number only showed up this morning on the shipping cargo ID. Dealer told me on Monday that it was on the ship. Ship currently in Santander in Spain and then in 2 days will be making the long journey south.

If you in production this week you are quite lucky as the dealer says R-Line DSG will be approx 1 year wait from now on

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So this morning the tracker has changed to in transit, so its been built....getting very excited now :D

Product Azure Font Screenshot Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to / bothered live chat again and they said car is at port of exit awaiting shipping and that it would be going to the Tyne port, which makes sense as the dealer is in Durham. So it seems that the tracker is a little behind as a few people have said on here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:D
cabby09 said:
Tig One said:
Once you get a VIN number it will be approx 2 weeks until you get a ship. Mine got on the ship on the 6th May and the tracking on the VIN number only showed up this morning on the shipping cargo ID. Dealer told me on Monday that it was on the ship. Ship currently in Santander in Spain and then in 2 days will be making the long journey south.

If you in production this week you are quite lucky as the dealer says R-Line DSG will be approx 1 year wait from now on
A 1 year wait time?. That is crazy, VWSA will lose sales. I am hoping my Tig get on the ship leaving on the 19th

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tig One said:
:D
cabby09 said:
Tig One said:

A 1 year wait time?. That is crazy, VWSA will lose sales. I am hoping my Tig get on the ship leaving on the 19th
I agree... the 4 months it going to be for mine is long enough. They reporting it as R-Line DSG but it could be that it's just the DSG models. Knew it wasn't a sales speech as mine is already built. Hopefully you get your VIN number soon to make the 19th deadline for the ship

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have just live-chatted with VW and am at stage 7 of 8 (final assembly ) which is good news given it hadn't been started on Monday!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sistig said:
Have just live-chatted with VW and am at stage 7 of 8 (final assembly ) which is good news given it hadn't been started on Monday!
Nice one mate ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, quite pleased, was beginning to feel left out :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have build week 19 too, but my dealer said they never know what is the exact start date, so it can basically be any day of the week I guess.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.