Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had their car shipped, or even allocated a ship yet?

My car has been at Emden since the 12/09/16. I understand that it can take a couple of weeks to get on a boat, but I haven't seen very many ships heading towards Sheerness, as they almost always end up going to Grimsby.

I seem to have become obsessed with monitoring shipping - I feel rather pathetic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
gingerwhinger said:

My car has been at Emden since the 12/09/16. I understand that it can take a couple of weeks to get on a boat, but I haven't seen very many ships heading towards Sheerness, as they almost always end up going to Grimsby.

I seem to have become obsessed with monitoring shipping - I feel rather pathetic.
Keep your eye on the ship "Emden" currently moored at the Emden Port. This is the largest ship VAG use and it stops at Sheerness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
telcom said:
gingerwhinger said:

Keep your eye on the ship "Emden" currently moored at the Emden Port. This is the largest ship VAG use and it stops at Sheerness.
Cheers telcom, the destination now seems to have changed to Sheerness in the last couple of hours.

·
Registered
135 Posts
gingerwhinger said:

Mines been sitting at Emden since the 10th and have been checking the shipping schedule and pestering VW live chat on a weekly basis but still not been allocated a boat as of Tuesday.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mines been sitting at Emden since the 10th and have been checking the shipping schedule and pestering VW live chat on a weekly basis but still not been allocated a boat as of Tuesday.

I was told by VW chat that initially it would take no more than 7-10 days to get on a boat then when it didn't arrive that it would be here by the end of this week, then only to be told that not allocated a boat and can take a further two weeks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JBS2472 said:

I was told by VW chat that initially it would take no more than 7-10 days to get on a boat then when it didn't arrive that it would be here by the end of this week, then only to be told that not allocated a boat and can take a further two weeks.
Same story. I honestly have no idea if the Emden (ship) is actually carrying my car, as I've not received one notification re order status since I ordered the car. However, my dealer responded to my pestering yesterday (24/09), saying that the car was in queue to get on a ship. "OK", I thought to myself, "but isn't Emden (port) just a big queue?" :roll:

Pestering to continue Monday.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pestering continued this morning, but alas, at least according to me dealer, the car is still sitting at Emden, but it could be on a ship - he couldn't tell. I'm getting miffed now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
gingerwhinger said:
Pestering continued this morning, but alas, at least according to me dealer, the car is still sitting at Emden, but it could be on a ship - he couldn't tell. I'm getting miffed now.
Trust me I feel your pain as nobody has any info - VW live chat have told me conflicting information every time I speak to them, one person stated 7-10 days from the 10th and then someone said it would be here by last week and then someone said it could be a further two weeks and all the while the tracker states up to three weeks to get to the dealers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JBS2472 said:
gingerwhinger said:
Trust me I feel your pain as nobody has any info - VW live chat have told me conflicting information every time I speak to them, one person stated 7-10 days from the 10th and then someone said it would be here by last week and then someone said it could be a further two weeks and all the while the tracker states up to three weeks to get to the dealers.
Yep. It's pretty hard to get anything from live chat, as it's usually down, or their systems are down, so they refer me to the retailer, who also don't have a clue, and the best info they can give me is whether or not it's on a boat, maybe :roll: (I'm using :roll: far too much).

I've tried @ukvolkswagen on twitter, who have asked for more details, but have yet to provide any answers. I also sent VW CS an email, but again, nothing so far.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My car is still in Emden.

·
Registered
94 Posts
JBS2472 said:
Same here - I think those of us going to Sheerness get a longer wait. The Emden ship didn't carry our cars then, so there must be a big queue. V frustrating

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pauld888 said:
JBS2472 said:
Same here - I think those of us going to Sheerness get a longer wait. The Emden ship didn't carry our cars then, so there must be a big queue. V frustrating
According to VW live chat they say it's a maximum of 10-15 working days it can sit there and that is up on Friday for me so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reply from twitter -
Hi James, thanks for waiting! We've checked your order and can confirm that it is waiting to be shipped from Emden and is currently in a queue to be assigned a ship. We have been advised that there are 3 ships due to arrive in to Sheerness throughout the course of this week. We anticipate at this stage, that your vehicle will be delivered to your Retailer during the first 2 weeks of October. We recommend keeping in contact with your supplying Retailer who can keep you updated with further news.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JBS2472 said:
Reply from twitter -
Hi James, thanks for waiting! We've checked your order and can confirm that it is waiting to be shipped from Emden and is currently in a queue to be assigned a ship. We have been advised that there are 3 ships due to arrive in to Sheerness throughout the course of this week. We anticipate at this stage, that your vehicle will be delivered to your Retailer during the first 2 weeks of October. We recommend keeping in contact with your supplying Retailer who can keep you updated with further news.
Same response for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
gingerwhinger said:
JBS2472 said:
Reply from twitter -
Same response for me.
What dealer are you using

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JBS2472 said:
gingerwhinger said:
JBS2472 said:
Reply from twitter -
Same response for me.
What dealer are you using
Breeze, Poole.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sent an email to VW to try and get some more info. They've just called me and said my car will be put on a ship sometime between Friday 30th September and Tuesday 4th October - at least that's something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
gingerwhinger said:
Sent an email to VW to try and get some more info. They've just called me and said my car will be put on a ship sometime between Friday 30th September and Tuesday 4th October - at least that's something.
Great News GingerWhinger. Not long to go now :)
I pick mine up Saturday 10:00am :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anybody with build week 36 going through Sheerness had their car yet, or even been notified it's on a ship?

Mine has been at the port for 19 days so far. The dealer emailed me today to say it's still there with no ship allocated.

Getting annoyed now. :evil:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts