Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there's a few of us with Build week 38, thought I'd open a thread so we can keep each other updated as our orders progress.

My order is Tiguan R Line 150 DSG, Indium Grey, Keyless, Park Assist and Dynaudio.

Here's hoping for a super fast build and delivery!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pauld888 said:
As there's a few of us with Build week 38, thought I'd open a thread so we can keep each other updated as our orders progress.

My order is Tiguan R Line 150 DSG, Indium Grey, Keyless, Park Assist and Dynaudio.

Here's hoping for a super fast build and delivery!
:lol: :lol: not bothered about the 'super fast build' I would rather they double check that my Tiggie has everything on & right that I've asked for :lol: :D
But very excited 'Pauld888' hopefully only a couple of more weeks :p Jealous at the mo, as my Youngest lad has just had delivered & picked up his new VW Polo GTi 2 days ago :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Just hope Herr Kraut doesn't get to Hung-over for Mondays start.... :roll: :lol: Product Rectangle Font Collectable Paper product

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well the 'Build' week has finally arrived.......... :D :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
yes it sure has ! - not been this excited since I got my first train set when I was about 8 years old !

Although the little icon has not moved on the "Track My VW site" - here is an interesting fact from the questions there...

How many cars do you build every day?
18,000 Volkswagens are produced every week day, worldwide

Lets hope ours are on that production list !

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good luck guys - hope all goes according to plan :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Terrier1964 said:
yes it sure has ! - not been this excited since I got my first train set when I was about 8 years old !

Although the little icon has not moved on the "Track My VW site" - here is an interesting fact from the questions there...

How many cars do you build every day?
18,000 Volkswagens are produced every week day, worldwide

Lets hope ours are on that production list !

:mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
JonP said:
Good luck guys - hope all goes according to plan :)
Thanks 'JonP' :D :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we should take the VW tracker with a pinch of salt. I doubt it will update til after the cars are delivered!

So excited!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pauld888 said:
I think we should take the VW tracker with a pinch of salt. I doubt it will update til after the cars are delivered!

So excited!!
Agree..... :p :p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pauld888 said:
Holy smoke, my tracker has gone to step 5 in transit!!
That was quick. Hmmm......mine has still not moved from 'build week confirmed' :roll:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wooo - nice - but what they didn't tell you is that your Tiguan is cleverly disguised as a Renault ! - MUHAHAHAHA - these cunning Germans.... :evil:

Still stuck on build week here....
Pop another bratwurst on the BBQ for me Fritz !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know the best way to track ships coming to the uk by VIN number? I'm pretty sure it can be done but can't find how!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Update Guys....... Mine has been on 'Build week'...and has suddenly jumped to being in 'Transit' this afternoon.... :p :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great news! We may end up on the same ship as mines still at Emden.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pauld888 said:
That would be good..... how did you manage to track that Paul :?: Do you know where they sail into :?:

·
Registered
69 Posts
stumpy said:
Pauld888 said:
That would be good..... how did you manage to track that Paul :?: Do you know where they sail into :?:
Use the following website and search for the following vessels or just view the Emden port looking or the following vessels leaving for Grimsby or Sheerness.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

The vessels VW/Audi use are called Weser Highway, Neckar Highway, Main Highway, EMS Highway, Isar Highway and Schelde Highway. They are all operated by the KESS company and it takes them just under 24 hours to get from Germany to the UK. The other vessel VW also use is the vessel called ("Emden" Vehicle carrier) this is a massive vessel which goes around the world but also calls in at Sheerness. Never seen this one go to Grimsby, but this maybe due to the size. Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stumpy said:
Pauld888 said:
Hey Stumpy - I contact VW live chat every other day for an update. They know the VIN number, port, ship and destination...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
telcom said:
stumpy said:
Pauld888 said:
Use the following website and search for the following vessels or just view the Emden port looking or the following vessels leaving for Grimsby or Sheerness.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

The vessels VW/Audi use are called Weser Highway, Neckar Highway, Main Highway, EMS Highway, Isar Highway and Schelde Highway. They are all operated by the KESS company and it takes them just under 24 hours to get from Germany to the UK. The other vessel VW also use is the vessel called ("Emden" Vehicle carrier) this is a massive vessel which goes around the world but also calls in at Sheerness. Never seen this one go to Grimsby, but this maybe due to the size. Hope this information helps.
Thanks for the info! Looks like the Schelde Highway docks at Emden tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.