Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Tig due to be built week commencing 08/05 which was what the dealer could see pemcilled in on the system 2 weeks ago. He reckoned if it firmed up we may see the car by the end of May - is this realistic from others' experience?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've always been told and most I've seen in here so far that it's approx 4 weeks after build week to get it shipped over, checked, etc. (Assuming you are UK)

I've been told build week 24 April so likely last week May for pick up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, posted I wrong forum, can I move it somehow?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bhuna said:
I've always been told and most I've seen in here so far that it's approx 4 weeks after build week to get it shipped over, checked, etc. (Assuming you are UK)

I've been told build week 24 April so likely last week May for pick up.
Thanks Andy so probably early/mid-June then. Yes, am in UK, Kent so the car will probably come in to Sheerness (only about 20 miles from here).

·
Registered
627 Posts
You might get lucky. Built on the Monday. Train to Emden on the Tuesday. Boat on the Wednesday. Transporter on the Thursday. Pick up on the Friday. But don't hold your breath LOL.

It can be pot luck on timing with the ships. I have seen someone on here get it in about 3 weeks from build week. So expect the worse and be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My order went through from dealer at the beginning of February. I was told build week 24th April (unconfirmed). I was then told by Live Chat 15th May. Now mid June, so I doubt I will see my Tiguan before mid July - 6 months from order.

The thing that worries me is I don't want any of the revisions which they are bringing in on MY18 changes in May.

I keep checking the tracker in hope it mysteriously jumps to In Transit.

·
Registered
627 Posts
JJ.

My dates jumped around before being confirmed. Went from June to 17 April to end of May to a confirmed 24 April.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bhuna said:
It can be pot luck on timing with the ships. I have seen someone on here get it in about 3 weeks from build week. So expect the worse and be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.
As Bhuna says, it's a case of 'the planets lining up' in your favour. My SEL was in the UK exactly one week after the build date. Frustratingly it's then taken a further 10 days to get from Grimsby to the dealer, a distance via road of only 55 miles! Then the bank holiday weekend gets in the way resulting in a build to delivery time of 3 weeks 2 days. Mustn't grumble :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts