Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had notification today, that my car has arrived in the UK, but not at the dealership. So close, but so far! So hopefully it will be delivered next work. I will post pics when it arrives.

I have to say that this is the most friendly and informative forum I have visited on-line.

Keep up the good work.

JCB

On order: 150 BMT 4motion R-line Pure White Tiguan

·
Registered
627 Posts
Matchbox said:
Mine arrived at Sheerness today. Strange since it is going to Teesside.
Not that my car has been built yet but have been following some ships to get an idea and there are a few times where one would stray up that way after calling in at Sheerness or Grimsby

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm hoping to track my car on the ship... my VIN is not showing up on the cargo ID yet. I think I might be on the Titania which leaves Bremehaven tomorrow. I see it also goes via Southampton on the 22nd before heading towards South Africa. Do all the UK cars ship from Emden of is there a chance some of your cars could be on that ship?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

New to the forum.

I've just had my Tiguan record as 'in the UK' after shipping over from Emden yesterday. As others have said, mine certainly hasn't gone to my nearest port (Sheerness) but is instead in Grimsby!

Dealer still stating next Thursday/Friday as a possibility for collection but all dependent on it getting on a transporter 'down south' in good time.

Glad to have found this forum - will let you all know how the final stages go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At last the car has arrived! So much tech on this motor. I have driven it the grand total of 40 miles! I will post pics once the weather has changed in Sunny Suffolk, at the moment we have a mixture of sun, rain and hail storms. Not great weather for a pure white r-line!

·
Registered
185 Posts
jcb2017 said:
At last the car has arrived! So much tech on this motor. I have driven it the grand total of 40 miles! I will post pics once the weather has changed in Sunny Suffolk, at the moment we have a mixture of sun, rain and hail storms. Not great weather for a pure white r-line!
Congrats!!! I can't wait to start fiddling when mine eventually arrives. Enjoy and look forward to the pics when your weather is better

·
Registered
627 Posts
cabby09 said:
I'm hoping to track my car on the ship... my VIN is not showing up on the cargo ID yet. I think I might be on the Titania which leaves Bremehaven tomorrow. I see it also goes via Southampton on the 22nd before heading towards South Africa. Do all the UK cars ship from Emden of is there a chance some of your cars could be on that ship?
Cabby - how / where are you finding out the cargo lists?

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I been watching MarineTraffic - I just hadn't seen a cargo list anywhere.

I will ask VW online chat for my VIN then next time I log into them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tracking a ship comes in handy for us further away as the journey to South Africa takes 23 days by sea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts