Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those who have car net and have had it set up and who uses the app , I've downloaded the app but obviously I have no car yet but ive have a look at the demo mode and it looks cool, u can check how much fuel is in car from ur phone and upload a destination etc but there is a find my car in car park , my question is , would this work as a tracker if say the car was stolen ? Has anyone thought about this?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm A good thought paulthewall....

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think it works as a tracker - it is a little like the system in the Tucson I was looking at...when you park your car and turn off ignition either by bluetooth or wifi whatever - it immediately sends it geo coordinates to the phone...but that is it - if the car moves - you would only get an update if you were in range...ie a few meters.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I find the app to be massively limited. I think it may be designed to work around full EVs because what I have really only appears to limit it to when the next service is due which, to be fair, I expect the car to tell me. Oh and destinations as was mentioned earlier.

But I also must confess that I might be using it wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts