Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Car net

16K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Breezer 
#1 ·
Might seem a daft question but where do you get your carnet account details and password from as the dealer said set it up on pic at home but not a clue what to do !

#4 ·
Tag69 said:
Thanks but saying details are not correct 😡
Have you created an account..? I'very connected my tig over the weekend and it's working for me.

#5 ·
Yes I have created a account and I have a PIN number to enter and now won't connect to internet given up for today

#6 ·
Tag69 said:
Yes I have created a account and I have a PIN number to enter and now won't connect to internet given up for today
So are you saying your tig won't connect to the Internet..? Have you connected your phone to the tig using the phones hot spot..?

#8 ·
It is a very hit and miss system, I am not sure I will use much once the novelty has worn off. The media player app from the main menu is saying not installed on mine, go to VW dealer. Why do they spend so much money on adverts of families doing car karaoke and then not install the app on a £34K car...VW have some strange ways. That front USB is a pain by the way, so much for connected vehicles...

#10 ·
Mmm Car-Net. Not good really is it! A few things to note. The error about your address not matching their records is a common error on their part, not the technology going wrong. It seems this address error "resolves" itself in due time. It seems it takes a while for the address to filter through their systems. Most people activate Car-Net and their "online accounts" within days of getting the vehicle and their databases don't keep up and\or dealers are slow to do their work.

I'm quite disgusted they provide something like Car-Net, yet don't provide a SIM slot on the unit. Business sense means they want to charge £100 or there abouts for a "Car-Stick" which is just a mobile dongle, and that connects to the one and only USB port (on early one port models). The idea that this system is supposed to be online all the time is far fetched. My home wifi doesn't extend to where my car is parked. They better not dare make a SIM slot available on just the Pro system either - that would clearly be a money stealing process if they do.

When I registered my car on the Infotainment (after connecting it to my phones hotspot), it accepted the code but errored after saying no Car-Net services were available. This is a short term error and again relates to the databases not keeping up. If you get the same message but leave it for 24 hours and the next time you use the system it should operate Car-Net without complaint.

And the mobile apps, well they leave a lot to be desired too!

#11 ·
#12 ·
dmcross said:
Mmm Car-Net. Not good really is it! A few things to note. The error about your address not matching their records is a common error on their part, not the technology going wrong. It seems this address error "resolves" itself in due time. It seems it takes a while for the address to filter through their systems. Most people activate Car-Net and their "online accounts" within days of getting the vehicle and their databases don't keep up and\or dealers are slow to do their work.

I'm quite disgusted they provide something like Car-Net, yet don't provide a SIM slot on the unit. Business sense means they want to charge £100 or there abouts for a "Car-Stick" which is just a mobile dongle, and that connects to the one and only USB port (on early one port models). The idea that this system is supposed to be online all the time is far fetched. My home wifi doesn't extend to where my car is parked. They better not dare make a SIM slot available on just the Pro system either - that would clearly be a money stealing process if they do.

When I registered my car on the Infotainment (after connecting it to my phones hotspot), it accepted the code but errored after saying no Car-Net services were available. This is a short term error and again relates to the databases not keeping up. If you get the same message but leave it for 24 hours and the next time you use the system it should operate Car-Net without complaint.

And the mobile apps, well they leave a lot to be desired too!
Thanks for the clarification - I spent a good 2 hours of my life that I'll not get back going through the registration and set up only to keep being told that the system wasn't available... From the general comments, it sounds like I'm not missing a great deal anyway !

#16 ·
Sure thing, Manuelst.
You can use any source of mobile internet (wingle, mifi) as long as you setup access to that Wifi in the infotainment system.

#17 ·
Finally after 2 weeks we have the car net and Apple play set up 😄&#x1f44d-1f3fb;🚗

#18 ·
Tag69 said:
Finally after 2 weeks we have the car net and Apple play set up 😄&#x1f44d-1f3fb;🚗
So was it a front end user error issue, or was there something wrong with it?

#19 ·
No nothing wrong with it just me not putting the correct password in and not connecting with a genuine apple lead

#21 ·
Help, connected S6 to car via WLAN both car and phone recognise one another Carnet on screen has all the info but my phone App doesnt have any data nor can I get the map on it.
Feel like the Avatar of mastermyk.

#22 ·
Does the carnet app on your phone require a login as well? ie your email / password to access carnet.

#23 ·
You have to get a passcode from car net when you register and then connect your charger to the phone and go on car net and follow the instructions the vw dealer did ours as we couldn't connect but that's only my charger lead wasn't a proper one 🙁

#24 ·
Bhuna said:
Does the carnet app on your phone require a login as well? ie your email / password to access carnet.
Not askng for anything. Its showing Destinations, Time Management and settings Icons but
Theres no data and when you press Destinations theres no map

#25 ·
Tag69 said:
You have to get a passcode from car net when you register and then connect your charger to the phone and go on car net and follow the instructions the vw dealer did ours as we couldn't connect but that's only my charger lead wasn't a proper one 🙁
Thats a bummer. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.