Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was waiting to pick up my grandaughter today from swimming, across the road at a main dealer garage, I saw the new vehicles wrappers pulled off, powered washed, then unbelievably opened the front & rear doors and stood on the plastic door trim and seat to reach across as far as he could to 'squeegee' the roof off, of water :eek: . Just got me thinking I hope they don't do this at VW. As someone on this forum a bit back said he didn't want it washed etc after the protective package been removed. Got me thinking.
Also guys which is best....'Chamois leather' or 'Microfibre cloth to dry off the car please, as I have always used a Chamois....
Thanks Chris :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had my R Line delivered as it came off the transporter. Dealer wasn't too happy as he couldn't sell the autoglm protection. My previous car had swirl marks all over. I normally use micro cloths and wash after every use.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I haven't used a chamois for years. I feel more confident drying off with microfibre and spray on autoglym Aqua wax as I dry off....Just my opinion, there are some expensive chamois around that are soft and pliable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
+1 for Micro fibre

·
Registered
17 Posts
+2 for microfibre. Every other wash i tend do do a light spray of a quick detailer such as Sonax Brilliant Shine whilst the car is wet and then wipe off with microfibre cloths to give it a bit of extra protection too.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) Thanks Guys for your comments, much appreciated......I will ditch my 'chamois' and go and get some 'microfibre' cloths and will also give one of those quick detailers a go over the autum/winter months. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Brillo pad has always worked for me - and as if by magic all my cars have ended up a silver colour.....well untill it rains then kind of a rusty colour......apart from the audi which always stayed silver..

So i recommend Brillo !

:p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terrier1964 said:
Brillo pad has always worked for me - and as if by magic all my cars have ended up a silver colour.....well untill it rains then kind of a rusty colour......apart from the audi which always stayed silver..

So i recommend Brillo !

:p
:lol: If you had gone over it after using the 'Brillo' pad with vaseline, it would of still stayed silver 'Terrier1964' when it rained. Should of spoke to a detailer...... :roll: ;) :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.