Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

A few photos of my shiny new vw tiguan. Still trying to figure out how most things work - but so far I've been impressed by all gadgets, colours and buttons.

Happy to answer any questions.

Regards from sunny Cyprus
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Chris
Very nice, I bet your happy, did you have to explain MY18 changes to the showroom staff? how long did it take from factory to Cyprus?
Enjoy all the gadgets especially the aircon lol

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Congrats Chris, now the learning curve starts :D

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Its nice to get a new toy!

@Wraggster - They literally had no clue about the MY18 changes. All they said was that I was right that car came with the new media screen! They knew nothing else about MY18 changes.
Dealership was honestly useless. I called them yesterday just randomly to ask when my car would arrive, and they were like 'Oh its here'. I was like 'But why didnt you call me!?' and she replied 'Well....we told you it would come some time in July!'.
Seriously....

I'll upload some more photos later once I figure out how to rotate attachments....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Γεια σου ρε μαφιοζε!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Γειά σας Μαφιόζοι... από την ωραία Λεμεσό 😁
Chris you will be impressed...excellent choice. Mine is 7 monthd old now and I still feel the same like the first day I got it.
We should organise a get together here in Cyprus all Tiguan owners
Enjoy your Tig!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
What for me to get mine before you organise a meet up lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Wraggster - depends if you're buying the first round :))

So - some first thoughts about the car.
Positives:
- Very practical. Lots of storage spaces. Easy access. Rear seats spacious & comfortable.
- Interior striking. New MY18 screen and active dashboard are clear and bright.
- Dynaudio is impressive. Beats my MB E350 Conv Harman Hardon hands down.
- Ride is soft and gentle with 18". Nizza alloys are v cool.
- 190HP has quite a bit of punch to it.

Negatives:
- Ambient light somewhat disappointing. Just some white led strips on the doors. My mums GLE is much prettier inside with the ambient light (you can change colours to blue/orange/etc).
- Sunroof opens only half way.
- ACC somewhat confusing to use. Distronic Plus in my MB is much easier to use.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chris
A round of coke's no problem, we'll all be driving lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in Larnaca, but not got my Tiguan yet, being built next week

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys
Waiting for my Tiguan to arrive in early October as they told me from the dealership, but how can I find out the build week for my car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dealership should tell you. Then after after your build week, the car should get a chassis number, which the dealer should be able to give you. You can then use that number to bid for a number plate. From the build week, you should count 1-1.5 months to collecting the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mike-s
I'm hoping mine arrived at the port today, it was built 5 weeks ago. The Larnaca dealer said that VW Cyprus shipments arrived every two weeks, hence mine should be here. Shipment 36 arrived on the 29 August, mine is on shipment 37, I've had to pester the salesman to get any information. Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Woooo! Exciting Wraggster!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wraggster said:
Mike-s
I'm hoping mine arrived at the port today, it was built 5 weeks ago. The Larnaca dealer said that VW Cyprus shipments arrived every two weeks, hence mine should be here. Shipment 36 arrived on the 29 August, mine is on shipment 37, I've had to pester the salesman to get any information. Good luck
Thanks guys Wraggster & chrisx0x

I called them today and found out mine was built on week 34, so now it should be on its way over to Cyprus! Can't wait! Expecting to receive it in 3 weeks :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Let me add a +1 for the boot liner there, it's fantastic and has already saved the boot floor getting muddy.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Utumno said:
Let me add a +1 for the boot liner there, it's fantastic and has already saved the boot floor getting muddy.
Do you have a part number for the boot liner as there seems several types, also is
that hard or soft rubber.
cheers
:?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts