Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just wanting to make people aware as I think I have been lead down the wrong path in my buying of a Tiguan by several reviews I have read in the motoring press that have been misleading and some just plain wrong. Lucky its not major and I am happy with the vehicle I have now got !

This is especially true of the ones you see on YouTube of the early continental spec Vehicles from Germany given to the motoring press to try out.

Firstly one described the Vienna upholstery as FAUX leather. I had this in my Merc SLK and I wasn't going to spend £1600 on plastic seats :cry: . Apparently the Vienna is genuine leather. Its OK as I love the micro fleece almost alcantra like effect of my SEL cloth.

Another said the TDi 190 would not be available until late 2016 early 2017 and command a considerable fuel consumption hike both wrong

Next accessories in the boot such as the detachable LED torch and 240 volt power socket are nice but not in UK spec vehicles.

Finally in my brochure it said the SEL came with run flat tyres I was not fussed about this as I know nobody who likes them and it was the reason I opted for a tyre pressure monitor. However my car arrived with a space saver spare and Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres. This was unexpected but in a good way this time. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I have same tyres on my SEL. Plus I seem to be getting better mpg on my TDI190 than people are reporting on their 150's. I know its early days as I haven't done 1,000 miles yet but I got over 49 mpg driving up M1/M6 on Friday and averaged 46 mpg even with a lot of twisty roads and hold ups. A good 10 mpg more than I was used to on my A4 allroad with a 180 TDI engine.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Must admit I'm not to bothered about the 230V socket and torch, however I notice that they do appear in the UK price list as a £140.00 extra!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Going to be interesting for me, as probably one of the few on here that will have the continental spec - I see you all talk of SEL and R Line etc - we don't have that. R line for example is a package option, not a trim level.. when we finally all get our pride and joys, will be interesting to compare.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear you were mislead in a way, but still happy......... Luckily I got the spec I wanted 190ps tdi with extras. Also I was able to upgrade to 'Vienna' leather with electric (due to the fact some kind person mentioned on here only a week back new deals were on because of the drop in interest rate). I had a good look at another VW with leather (vienna) and was happy it was not Faux, but genuine. Having said that it will be harder I think to take care of more. I have been told it will be 12 way electric adjust....hope they are right. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts