Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some of you on here who tow caravans..... have you had any probs attaching / putting your extension mirrors on. I tried today to see if they would fit as I noticed the mirror glass has very little gap to slide on and do up the lugs on the top mirror housing. So I tried to fasten on the bottom instead... again not enough gap and also on the bottom of the mirror housing (underneath) there is a thin rigid edge not flush with the mirror housing which protrudes. I have two sets the first set cheapies, but find them the best but the lugs too thick to fit top or bottom, & second set Milenco tried top & bottom, but would fit on the bottom of the housing but not the best by any means. Would welcome any feed back please....Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Stumpy
No problems with fitting Milenco mirror clamps on bottom of door mirror. I have never fitted them on top of mirror with this or previous Tiguan due to likelihood of scratching paintwork.
What I did invest in was a pair of emuk mirrors designed for the mk1 Tiguan. Absolutely the best mirrors I have ever used - should be at about £90. But not yet available for Mk2.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roy :) .....I will have another go with the Milenco ones....these are the bigger ones not the teardrop ones....Which ones do you use :?: I will look out for those Emuk ones for the mk2 once they come out.... regards Chris :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Chris
I use the tear drop ones.
I did email emuk and they confirmed they would have mirrors available for the mk2 at the end of 2016. But haven't seen any development yet.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Roy, I will see deffo see about those emuk ones....until then I will have another go with the Milenco. I may yet as I like my other teardrop mirrors so much, will see if I can change the mirror clamps around :arrow: :idea: :idea: Thanks mate :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Stumpy and Roy

I have also been trying to fit my old Aero2 mirrors and have come up the against same problems .

I emailed Milenco and they recommend replacing the clamps with the ones from the latest Aero3 mirrors, Part No 4589.

They are available from The Caravan Shop - Tel 01413395888 at £6.95 each which appear to be the best price.

http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/milenco-mgi-spares/aero-3-mirror-clamp/aero-3-mirror-clamp/prod_276.html

So choice seems to be update your mirrors with new clamps or buy a pair of shiny new ones and sell the old ones on.

Hope this helps.

Roger

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tig66 said:
Hi Stumpy and Roy

I have also been trying to fit my old Aero2 mirrors and have come up the against same problems .

I emailed Milenco and they recommend replacing the clamps with the ones from the latest Aero3 mirrors, Part No 4589.

They are available from The Caravan Shop - Tel 01413395888 at £6.95 each which appear to be the best price.

http://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/milenco-mgi-spares/aero-3-mirror-clamp/aero-3-mirror-clamp/prod_276.html

So choice seems to be update your mirrors with new clamps or buy a pair of shiny new ones and sell the old ones on.

Hope this helps.

Roger
Thanks for the heads-up Roger, will give them a go :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got a set of Grand Aero 3's that I use on my MK1 Tig and they are a tight fit between the glass and mirror body so will be interest on how you guys get on with the replacement attachments.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Timbo said:
I've got a set of Grand Aero 3's that I use on my MK1 Tig and they are a tight fit between the glass and mirror body so will be interest on how you guys get on with the replacement attachments.
I will post some pics once I have fitted them for you to see.....mine are the 'Grand' milenco ones 'Timbo' also :) :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all
I will get some pics of my milenco mirrors attached. I do make sure when using the towing mirrors that I turn off the auto mirror park. Very easy to forget and lock car with mirrors attached.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roy said:
Hi all
I will get some pics of my milenco mirrors attached. I do make sure when using the towing mirrors that I turn off the auto mirror park. Very easy to forget and lock car with mirrors attached.
Cheers
Roy
Ok Roy...thanks :D yes good point about the auto park mirrors, had to do that on my previous car Audi :idea:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Stumpy

I'm pleased to hear that you can switch the auto mirror closing off, could be messy and expensive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Stumpy and Timbo
I am pretty certain that the mirrors do have a sensor that stops the parking drive if resistance is encountered. But since my mirrors are attached to base the resistance would be against door panel. Not ideal!!
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys......as your idea :idea: :idea: 'Roy' you suggested, I will now a fix my mirrors to the lower housing .... 'Timbo' do you put yours top mounting or lower on the car mirrors :?: :?:

·
Registered
432 Posts
stumpy said:
Timbo said:
I will post some pics once I have fitted them for you to see.....mine are the 'Grand' milenco ones 'Timbo' also :) :)
Cheers Stumpy that will be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank's for the pics 'Roy' (great detail pics) mate.....I will try mine next time I get down to storage, as now I think having spoke to my local caravan supplier shop they sold me the latest Grand areo 3's as he said they have a very thin piece of rubber on one of the flanges for extra grip.....wait out ;) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts