Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Caribbean Blue

14K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  NoHopeNoFear 
#1 ·
My Golf GTD was in for a 36k mile service today, and saw this SEL beauty in the Aberdeen showroom

I wouldn't have picked the 20" inch wheels personally, but still a very smart looking Tiguan, available today for circa £31k

First time I'd seen the colour in person, and completely different from the rendered picture in the online configurator

Pity it was manual otherwise might have chatted with the salesman :D

See less See more
#5 ·
Next Friday, one of those will be mine :D :D

#6 ·
Awesome. I have an SEL in Caribbean blue on order. I had been having doubts over the colour (it's 7 weeks since I last saw one in blue) but these pics look lovely. Glad I didn't go for resale grey now ;)

#9 ·
I love the term 'resale grey'. I am in the act of trying to buy a Caribbean Blue SEL - final haggling with a number of dealers near me to see if they can match some of the online brokers. The choice is Indium Grey or Caribbean Blue but I have decided not to worry about the resale thing. Caribbean Blue looks so different in the flesh from the online images.

#10 ·
Philwych said:
I love the term 'resale grey'. I am in the act of trying to buy a Caribbean Blue SEL - final haggling with a number of dealers near me to see if they can match some of the online brokers. The choice is Indium Grey or Caribbean Blue but I have decided not to worry about the resale thing. Caribbean Blue looks so different in the flesh from the online images.
Have a watch of this video. I followed this method (spreadsheet and printout taken to dealer) and got 5112 off my SEL (14.5%), and I got the impression I could have got more

#11 ·
Saw one today, 17 plate near Rayleigh Weir. Not the colour for me but car did look good in the sunshine.

#13 ·
NoHopeNoFear said:
Ooh, I live near the Rayleigh weir. Wasn't mine though, it's still a pile of parts till next week :(
Saw an Indium Grey one today - not mine either as mine is sitting in Germany waiting to get on a ship! ;) Sounds like you are a week behind me then. Petrol SEL's are the only way to go :D

#14 ·
Great video - thanks for the link. I have now found a local dealer who was prepared to sell me an SEL for a very similar discount that you managed.
It is also in Caribbean Blue. Initially the customer service was properly poor - not returning calls and even failed to contact me when I went into the dealership and left a message. Had to ring the sales manager and ask what was going on.

#15 ·
Philwych said:
Great video - thanks for the link. I have now found a local dealer who was prepared to sell me an SEL for a very similar discount that you managed.
It is also in Caribbean Blue. Initially the customer service was properly poor - not returning calls and even failed to contact me when I went into the dealership and left a message. Had to ring the sales manager and ask what was going on.
Glad it was helpful! This is the first new car I have bought, and it helped me immensely.

What other options did you go for?

#16 ·
We didn't order a lot options as the SEL already has the things I most wanted - Panoramic roof, LED headlights and the Active info display. We did go for the tow bar -for carrying bikes and the Dynaaudio excite system. All in all it already has loads more tech than any other car I have owned.

#17 ·
Yeah the SEL is a nice spec. I debated about Dynaudio , but decided against it. You'll have to let me know if I made a mistake!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.