Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Essjay said:
This is how its described on the Carista website...
" Throttle response behavior
Gradual, controlled by time / Direct, controlled by threshold"

I've done this on mine (Direct) and it literally transforms the response. I know others have done it with similar results. I don't remember seeing any warning though, and there's no warning on the website.

Steve
Yeah there was a warning when I did mine the other day but I can't remember what it said exactly. Something along the lines that this may not be legal in all countries or something. I just ticked the box!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
JimboGTI said:
Has that offer finished ? I can only see it at £24.99
Fraid so
One of Amazon's limited time deals

·
Registered
259 Posts
pozza said:
On a related note, what would be the top 5 items that Carista has allowed people to do?
When I had my Tiguan I,
Disabled Stop/Start.
Disabled the annoying beeping when you opened the tailgate.
Enabled "Scandinavian DRL's".
Increased the comfort indicator flashing to 4 flashes.
Enabled needle sweep on ignition.
Enabled fan speed indication when the climate control was set to "Auto

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe that none of these devices like Carista, OBDEleven, VCDS and so on presently work with facelift Tiguan - VW Group have started implementing what they call SFD - German for Vehicle Diagnostic Protection which is basically online authorisation for various coding changes and will require independent workshops/devices to be licensed by VW - whether this will be on a similar basis to ErWin access where you can buy time limited access directly to VW workshop information, who knows.

OBDEleven certainly doesn't allow changes on mine and from what I read, it will be at least well into 2021 before they have a solution agreed with VW Group as an "official licensee" - I'd imagine Carista will be the same

Just something to bear in mind

https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/8199/post-2020-models-obd11-devices

Gesture Gadget Font Window Display device

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
So i done a few mods on mine with carista, and for some reason the 4blink doesn't work? Anyone got any ideas, this is on a 2019 model tried turning it to all the different blinks and saving had no joy

·
Registered
907 Posts
M3Stig said:
So i done a few mods on mine with carista, and for some reason the 4blink doesn't work? Anyone got any ideas, this is on a 2019 model tried turning it to all the different blinks and saving had no joy
Same here. It's stayed on three blinks. Only changed that and the throttle response which definitely seems more responsive. Considering that's the main reason for buying it and I got it for the £18 I'm not too fussed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't get the "blinks" to change when I first tried it, but there's something else you have to do to get it to work.
Trouble is I can't remember what it was, hopefully someone else will know and post it up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for jumping on this post, but I've just bought a Carista OBDII. I've managed to change the lane changer flicker to 4 flashes and have added the needle sweep too.

I just wanted to check that changing the response of the throttle was legal in the UK and won't need to be changed for an MOT at all?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
jhibbs93 said:
Sorry for jumping on this post, but I've just bought a Carista OBDII. I've managed to change the lane changer flicker to 4 flashes and have added the needle sweep too.

I just wanted to check that changing the response of the throttle was legal in the UK and won't need to be changed for an MOT at all?
Perfectly legal, I doubt that Carista would jeopardise themselves by selling something that could be used illegally.

Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Essjay said:
jhibbs93 said:

Perfectly legal, I doubt that Carista would jeopardise themselves by selling something that could be used illegally.

Steve
This had crossed my mind, but I wondered about the legal declaration that you needed to tick!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tubemonster said:
leehal said:
The things I changed:-

Heated drivers seat permanently on.

Rear DRLs.

The acceleration thingy (to help reduce the lag).

I'm not sure I did anything else, haven't kept my subscription for longer than the initial month.
That's a strange one! Is that for medical reasons if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry for the late reply, yes, I have the heated seat on permanently for my back, its a joy in the summer!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Registered
65 Posts
@phope I thought OBD Eleven worked on the facelift if the bonnet was open. Not got the Tiguan yet, so can’t confirm, but did read it on their forum

Reactions: phope

·
Registered
135 Posts
@phope I thought OBD Eleven worked on the facelift if the bonnet was open. Not got the Tiguan yet, so can’t confirm, but did read it on their forum
Hi - yes, you are right, OBD Elevendoes work on the facelift Tiguan when the bonnet is open - when the facelifts were released, this wasn't clear

At the time, OBD Eleven didn't have any codings or one click apps for the facelift models either, but it does now - have used it a couple of times to change a few things like lane assist sensivity, audible locking confirmation, etc

Lane assist - OBD11 tweak

21 - 39 of 39 Posts