Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Carista OBDII plug £18.75 on Amazon Prime (UK)

14K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  mrew42 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks very much for the tipoff, I think I will splash out. Does the 1 month free start from purchase date or first use?

#5 ·
Just order mine as its comparable with the tiguan mk2 and it does a DPF Re gen with my obdeleven does not.
So i will have both just in case.
Thanks for the tip off.

jools

#7 ·
Tammma said:
What does the monthly sub cost?

Clearly this is cheaper than OBDEleven upfront, but over time it'll just cost the same...unless you can turn the sub on and off depending on when you need mods done?
https://caristaapp.com/pricing

£9.99
1-month subscription
£ 9.99 per month. Billed monthly.

£19.99
3-month subscription
£ 6.66 per month. Billed every 3 months.

£46.99
12-month subscription
£ 3.92 per month. Billed every 12 months.

And yes you can turn it off an on as you want (bearing in mind that once you've paid for that sub it will remain til it expires)

#8 ·
#9 ·
Thanks for the note on this - Bought one at the higher price a few days ago (which was received yesterday ... sending it back) and will buy another @ this cheaper price.

Can't wait to start playing with it over the holiday period :)

#10 ·
I now have both and £10 for a month its not too bad as you can just do the things that you want to do and forget it for the other 11months.

I also have OBDeleven , i had a vw golf before this for the last 3 years and i bought the obdeleven then.
Im one of these guys that looks after his money and i have been getting the free 5 a day tokens for the last few years and so far i have 3800 tokens
so far.
Yes im a bit sad.

jools

#11 ·
#12 ·
The things I changed:-

Heated drivers seat permanently on.

Rear DRLs.

The acceleration thingy (to help reduce the lag).

I'm not sure I did anything else, haven't kept my subscription for longer than the initial month.

#13 ·
I changed....
Throttle response setting.
Scandinavian DRL's
Needle sweep on startup.
Indicator lane change flash to 4.
Heater blower indicator level lights.
Digital dash display theme.
Electric seat back/forward when opening/closing the drivers door.

Steve

#14 ·
leehal said:
The things I changed:-

Heated drivers seat permanently on.

Rear DRLs.

The acceleration thingy (to help reduce the lag).

I'm not sure I did anything else, haven't kept my subscription for longer than the initial month.
That's a strange one! Is that for medical reasons if you don't mind me asking?

#16 ·
Essjay said:
I changed....
Throttle response setting.
Scandinavian DRL's
Needle sweep on startup.
Indicator lane change flash to 4.
Heater blower indicator level lights.
Digital dash display theme.
Electric seat back/forward when opening/closing the drivers door.

Steve
Thanks all for the top changes .... Have made most of these yesterday.

It's a pity there's no easy way to preview the display themes without actioning the change to do so ... Unless someone knows a way?

#17 ·
#18 ·
#20 ·
This is how its described on the Carista website...
" Throttle response behavior
Gradual, controlled by time / Direct, controlled by threshold"

I've done this on mine (Direct) and it literally transforms the response. I know others have done it with similar results. I don't remember seeing any warning though, and there's no warning on the website.

Steve

#21 ·
Essjay said:
This is how its described on the Carista website...
" Throttle response behavior
Gradual, controlled by time / Direct, controlled by threshold"

I've done this on mine (Direct) and it literally transforms the response. I know others have done it with similar results. I don't remember seeing any warning though, and there's no warning on the website.

Steve
Yeah there was a warning when I did mine the other day but I can't remember what it said exactly. Something along the lines that this may not be legal in all countries or something. I just ticked the box!

#25 ·
pozza said:
On a related note, what would be the top 5 items that Carista has allowed people to do?
When I had my Tiguan I,
Disabled Stop/Start.
Disabled the annoying beeping when you opened the tailgate.
Enabled "Scandinavian DRL's".
Increased the comfort indicator flashing to 4 flashes.
Enabled needle sweep on ignition.
Enabled fan speed indication when the climate control was set to "Auto

#26 ·
I believe that none of these devices like Carista, OBDEleven, VCDS and so on presently work with facelift Tiguan - VW Group have started implementing what they call SFD - German for Vehicle Diagnostic Protection which is basically online authorisation for various coding changes and will require independent workshops/devices to be licensed by VW - whether this will be on a similar basis to ErWin access where you can buy time limited access directly to VW workshop information, who knows.

OBDEleven certainly doesn't allow changes on mine and from what I read, it will be at least well into 2021 before they have a solution agreed with VW Group as an "official licensee" - I'd imagine Carista will be the same

Just something to bear in mind

https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/8199/post-2020-models-obd11-devices

Gesture Gadget Font Window Display device

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.