Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up the car on Tuesday, all went well apart from a knocking from the rear drivers side wheel under breaking (being Looked at next week). She looks great, and is a wonderful new experience for me, having previously driven cheaper hatchbacks. Getting used to all of the technology, including the (many) warning beeps - my favourite is the "don't crash me, idiot!" collision warning, which is a little over sensitive

Was wondering if I had made a mistake going for cloth before it was delivered (the seats in the demonstrator weren't that well stitched) but I love the interior, even if I do wish it had memory.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
my favourite is the "don't crash me, idiot!" collision warning, which is a little over sensitive
A little oversensitive? - does it start crying then if you shout back?

Looks great NoHopeNoFear - cant wait for mine to come so I can get the over sensitive features :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bhuna said:
NoHopeNoFear said:
my favourite is the "don't crash me, idiot!" collision warning, which is a little over sensitive
A little oversensitive? - does it start crying then if you shout back?

Looks great NoHopeNoFear - cant wait for mine to come so I can get the over sensitive features :)
She sulked in her room all afternoon :D

It has only gone off once, but it was to tell me not to hit a car that I was clearly braking for / manouvering around. Made me jump out of my skin! I'm going to have to try to turn off some of the Bongs (another example is the loud beeping the automatic tailgate makes when you open it with the remote).

What Colour / spec have you gone for? delivery date fixed yet?
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Ooh! Nice choice of colour, nudge nudge ;)

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Spec: Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDI 2WD 150PS 7-Speed DSG ¦ Rear view camera with park assist ¦ Urano Grey

Still sat at Emden at the moment so the dealership cant say - they tell me it could be another 3 weeks yet - but at least that will fly by.

I was hoping it would be on a boat this week so that I had chance of getting it by the 10th as my car is slowly coming to the end of its life (everythings starting to go on it and I don't want to pay out on it) and I driving to a conference on the 11th taking some colleagues so want something reliable and "safe" to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bhuna said:
driving to a conference on the 11th taking some colleagues so want something reliable and "safe" to drive.
You don't have to lie here, we know you just want to show it off :D

I haven't seen an Urano grey in the flesh, but I've been told they look good. Hope you get it in time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Essjay said:
Ooh! Nice choice of colour, nudge nudge ;)

Steve
Sir, you have exquisite taste! Your spec can't be much different to mine:

19 in victoria wheels
Metallic Paint Carribean Blue
Black Lounge Cloth Uphostery
Steering Wheel - Heated w/ Paddle Shift
Heated Front Windscreen
Keyless Entry / Tailgait opening
Wireless Smartphone charge w Navigation
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Park assist w/Rear View Camera
Rubber Floor Mats Rear Black
Rubber Floor Mats Black
Sports Pedal Caps

How are you getting on with the cream leather?
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
How are you getting on with the cream leather?
It's actually not as difficult to keep clean as I thought it would be, plus the fact that I had the Lifeshine treatment which should also help for a while.

I didn't go for the heated windscreen in the end, as being retired, if it's freezing, I stay indoors :lol:

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
You don't have to lie here, we know you just want to show it off :D
That's exactly what the wife said, LOL.

1/2 true maybe, but currently the clutch is going (flywheel vibrating), I have no washer jets (even when full), a loose bulb fitting, its due a service two months ago, and I think its going to need a new tyre or two before long...arrgghhh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Looks good, can't wait for my Caribbean Blue petrol, so much more interesting than boring black, resale grey or skinflint white ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
ACS said:
Looks good, can't wait for my Caribbean Blue petrol, so much more interesting than boring black, resale grey or skinflint white ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing wrong with resale grey :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't go for the heated windscreen in the end, as being retired, if it's freezing, I stay indoors :lol:
I wish I had that luxury :) I ordered it during the January cold snap, and got fed up watching my wife defrost her ford windscreen in seconds while I scrapped my windscreen with a credit card like a muppet

Looks good, can't wait for my Caribbean Blue petrol, so much more interesting than boring black, resale grey or skinflint white ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
The colour really stands out. My dealer admitted he wasn't sure about it when we ordered, but they had lots of interest while it was on the shop floor. My landlord has a white R-Line, and while it looks nice, I really do think the bright colours make it pop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Ordered mine last week, the wife wouldn't come to the showroom! She wanted grey, so Caribbean blue it is lol. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to drive it😏 yours looks stunning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Wraggster said:
Ordered mine last week, the wife wouldn't come to the showroom! She wanted grey, so Caribbean blue it is lol. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to drive it😏 yours looks stunning
First Tiguan inspired divorce citing unreasonable behaviour?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
Was wondering if I had made a mistake going for cloth before it was delivered (the seats in the demonstrator weren't that well stitched).

On our first car the stitching in the outer edge of the seat bolster started to fray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Textile Sleeve Grey Denim Tints and shades
Negativepitch said:
NoHopeNoFear said:
Was wondering if I had made a mistake going for cloth before it was delivered (the seats in the demonstrator weren't that well stitched).

On our first car the stitching in the outer edge of the seat bolster started to fray.
Like this...?
My 2012 Golf with sports seats. There is a metal frame under the bolster that I feel as I get in and out of car and sure enough, it's wearing away the fabric.

How do you posted pics into your posts? I use the image icon which gives me the 2 IMG in square brackets, but then...?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RODDY said:
Negativepitch said:
NoHopeNoFear said:
Was wondering if I had made a mistake going for cloth before it was delivered (the seats in the demonstrator weren't that well stitched).

On our first car the stitching in the outer edge of the seat bolster started to fray.
Like this...?
My 2012 Golf with sports seats. There is a metal frame under the bolster that I feel as I get in and out of car and sure enough, it's wearing away the fabric.

How do you posted pics into your posts? I use the image icon which gives me the 2 IMG in square brackets, but then...?
Eww, that looks nasty. The leather bolsters on my Vauxhall Astra did the same, but they are quite high.

Im not sure if you can post directly into the forum. I googled free image hosting, and uploaded the pics to a free service (I think it was Tiny Pic or something similar)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
If you go to the bottom of the Full Editor & Preview page and click on the "attachments" tab, you can post directly in by "add files" and "place inline"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Thks. Done. My car seat wearing now in my original post about 4 posts up!

Actually, will that be repairable do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RODDY said:
Thks. Done. My car seat wearing now in my original post about 4 posts up!

Actually, will that be repairable do you think?
Yeah, a seat upholsterer could fix that up (they used to do it on wheeler dealers all the time) I've no idea of cost though, if it's a common seat it might be cheaper to find one on eBay / a breakers yard
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top