Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the centre console/armrest in a 2016 Tiguan R Line, one of the two cup holders in mine has snapped off, I have the replacement part I just don`t want to break anything taking it apart, I`m sure I found a guide with pictures before(about 6 months ago) but I can`t find it now, just a load of stuff about sliding the cup holders in and pressing the button to make them come back out.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2017 pure white Tiguan R-Line 150 4Motion
45 Posts
Hi, Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the centre console/armrest in a 2016 Tiguan R Line, one of the two cup holders in mine has snapped off, I have the replacement part I just don`t want to break anything taking it apart, I`m sure I found a guide with pictures before(about 6 months ago) but I can`t find it now, just a load of stuff about sliding the cup holders in and pressing the button to make them come back out.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Markalan, I’ve just seen a video on YouTube it is how to remove centre console on mk 7 golf which I think won’t be that much different. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tricky,No, I mean the whole centre console, the cup holder part is screwed in underneath and the whole lot has to come out to swap it over.
Topcat, cheers I did see that video and thought it might be similar, I have managed to get a workshop manual and its in there how to remove it, along with everything else on the car from engine to the drivetrain.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Personal luxury car Automotive design

If you look at the above picture, one of the swiveling cup holders has completely broken off, so I need to take the whole centre bit out to replace it. That`s not a picture of my car, just a random one off of Ebay but hopefully it gives an idea of what I`m on about.

Cheers
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts