Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sat here thinking about my holidays and come up with this one: when I get off the boat I'll be changing the headlights and the dash to kilometres, does it change the mpg to kilometers per gallon at the same time?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just my opinion, I wouldn't think so. The continental calculation is different, it's the opposite of the UK measurement. Whereas we work on how far we can go for a fixed amount of fuel, they calculate how little fuel they use for a fixed distance. Thus the alternative to miles per single gallon, is actually litres per 100 kilometres.

I believe it leaves consumption in units you understand.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just gone and had a play with settings, and answering my own question, there are separate settings for mph/kph and fuel mpg/lpk and there's 2 settings for the litre side
In other words you can have kph and mpg or vice a verse

·
Registered
135 Posts
Miket said:
Just sat here thinking about my holidays and come up with this one: when I get off the boat I'll be changing the headlights and the dash to kilometres, does it change the mpg to kilometers per gallon at the same time?
Hi Miket, I've always wondered if you can change the headlight settings and speedometer settings etc from the infotainment system...? I too am venturing over the water to Wolfsburg infact in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,
I leave soon for a 2 & half week trip to visit the relatives in Sicily (3000+ miles return trip) and I pondered the same question and also had a play with the settings. I thought the circular 'speedo' would change to km/hr but it's just the centre part of the display when speed is selected that is displayed in km/hr. Just wondered if anyone else has managed to change the whole dial to display in km/hr?
Thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pasquale said:
Hi,
I leave soon for a 2 & half week trip to visit the relatives in Sicily (3000+ miles return trip) and I pondered the same question and also had a play with the settings. I thought the circular 'speedo' would change to km/hr but it's just the centre part of the display when speed is selected that is displayed in km/hr. Just wondered if anyone else has managed to change the whole dial to display in km/hr?
Thanks
When I had a play I thought the speedo was not changing but the only difference you see it the mph to kph lettering at the bottom of the speedo change, I assume the digital speed readout changes also
There's also separate settings for mpg to ltrs and on my car to change the headlights from left to right but I have the adaptive LED's headlights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts