Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing i'm a little concerned about is the state my beloved Tiggy will get into once my kids are unleashed into it! I have a 4 and a 5 year old who currently use child seats with adjustable head rests in my Ford Focus ST.

The car seats over time have left nasty indents in the leather and i feel have just left the rear of the car in a right state.. something that i don't want with my Tiggy! Now.. i have bought the Tig purely as a family car but i want to look after it the best i can, especially where the rear seats are concerned!

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how to protect the backseats from my little bundles of joy? :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
seat covers? thats all i can think of so the drinks and food stays on the cover or on the floor (rubber mats helps)
I have a 2 year old so I know what u mean.
I've also got one of those organizer with pockets that goes on the back of the front seats, storing things for the little one and act as a protector from their shoes kicking.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used a cover that I bought from audi which is slightly padded and protected the leather from any marks, it also has holes in it for the isofix and a small section that hangs over the edge of the seat. I believe this is VW version but I suspect will be identical.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/all/all/all/000019819/child-seat-protective-underlay/000019819/1#details

I also used some spray that protect the fabrics from liquid, I have poured water on and it runs straight off. Also used it on the floor mats and it stops mud and dirt sticking to it.

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/i1-smart-fabric-ab

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Rim

How about adapting one of these to tow with :lol: :lol: I know not the best solution ;) :lol:

Seriously...covers & fabric protection, hope you can work out a good way.... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
My previous Tiguan had leather interior, I purchased a couple of black hand towels from Matalan and placed them below and behind the seat we use for our grand daughter, when we got the new R line without the leather interior I just transferred them into it, they left no marks on the leather or any indents when removed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi RichyP,

I have a protector under my little ones car seat to protect the car seat, something like this View attachment 468

Also I have purchased Gyeon Fabrc coat with protects fabrics against liquids and dirt. Hopefully I will get time to apply it to the seats in my Tiggie this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies folks, i'll be sure to check them all out. Looks like a combination of hauck covers, material spray and a no food/drink policy should do the trick!

Does anyone know if the rear trays get in the way of popping a front seat rear protector on?

·
Registered
115 Posts
ah.. hauck.. is that from lidl/aldi because I remember getting a high chair there with that brand.
didn't know they do seat covers too? may i ask where to get one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys

Pick my R-line up next week and have been reading this thread with interest!

Do VW do rear seat covers for our model? Also are the backs of the front seats plastic or fabric, I can't remember?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.