Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 213 Hi guys, just after getting my Golf mk7 GT, I fitted some chrome exhaust tips which were actually sold to fit the Skoda Yeti (same size but considerably cheaper than the VW ones).
I'm now wondering if the exhaust diameter on the new Tiguan is the same size. I haven't measured my Golf exhaust size yet, but was hoping some kind new owner would measure the diameter of theirs.
If we find that they are the same size, then I can highly recommend the Skoda ones.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Interesting....unfortunately I can't help with your enquiry, as my delivery date is October....... but those chrome tips look 'brill' Essjay

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With postage it's around £30. Easy to fit, they have small 'claws' on the inside and you hammer them on with a block of wood and a rubber mallet. You do have to line them up carefully, as once on, they're not coming off again!

Steve

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 213 Thanks Bigal, I believe that's the same size as the golf, so they should fit. In fact they're made with a slash cut so should fit well. The golf pipes are also slash cut.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great Bigal. Did you have any trouble fitting them?

Steve

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Yetirider, it looks like the left hand tip is not seated fully home. The little claw clip (at around the 7o'clock position) needs to go on a bit further so as to grab the exhaust.
Give it a bit of a bigger bash mate. :D

Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
Essjay said:
Hi Yetirider, it looks like the left hand tip is not seated fully home. The little claw clip (at around the 7o'clock position) needs to go on a bit further so as to grab the exhaust.
Give it a bit of a bigger bash mate. :D

Steve
I looked at that but one pipe is longer than the other so I have lined them up.....

1 - 20 of 108 Posts