Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
DeT said:
c_w said:
Has anyone gone for the lower boot strip which is chrome/steel finish? I can't seem to find any photos with it fitted.
Here is a link to a German website that shows a few photos of the Tiguan with a stainless steel boot strip

https://www.hood.de/i/edelstahl-ladekantenschutz-fuer-vw-tiguan-ii-ab-2015-bis-heute-66236973.htm
Hi DeT thanks for the link, looks good quality. I see you have or are waiting for a Tig in Tungsten silver as well, I'm not surewhat the Crome will look like on the Tungsten. Have you Sen any pics showing it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Hi DeT thanks for the link, looks good quality. I see you have or are waiting for a Tig in Tungsten silver as well, I'm not surewhat the Crome will look like on the Tungsten. Have you Sen any pics showing it. :)[/quote]

Hi C_W, I picked up my Tiguan in July last year and extremely happy done quite few long journeys and have had absolutely no problems at all. The pictures of the boot strip are fitted to a Tungsten Silver Tiguan. The colour is not given true justice in photos. It depends what angle or how bright it is as to what shade you see, it bright sunshine it looks very silver and then in dimmer light it has a beige tint to it. What is nice is that it has a deep shine and does not show the road grime as much as some colours. I have had the transparent foil boot lip protector fitted which is hardly noticeable but does the job well and can bee easily peeled off and replaced once it starts to look a bit marked. VW have this as an original VW part over here in Germany and do a very professional fit for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for the reply but I am talking about a different part; there is also an option for a stainless strip that fits on the lower edge of actual tailgale (not the bumper protector). I've not seen one fitted to any on here in photos (nor at dealers).

It's a £77.00 option on the configurator:

Rear chrome strip for the tailgate, steel look
A dazzling finish, the Volkswagen Genuine chrome-look strip for the lower edge of the tailgate gives the vehicle a refined and elegant look. It can be glued quickly and easily and also serves as a sill protector. 5NA071360

Found a photo here (never though to search for the part number before!)



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Hi C_W, got it sorry I thought you was referring to the bumper protector my mistake. Sorry not seen one fitted to a Tiguan in Germany but will keep my eye out and if I see one fitted to Tungsten Silver I will make a photo for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea no worries! Is that second photo I posted not Tungsten Silver? That is actually the colour I think I'm going to go for - in the in dealership I'm sure there is one although the saleman said it was Indium grey which it can't be as that colour is quite mid to darker grey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
c_w said:
Yea no worries! Is that second photo I posted not Tungsten Silver? That is actually the colour I think I'm going to go for - in the in dealership I'm sure there is one although the saleman said it was Indium grey which it can't be as that colour is quite mid to darker grey.
Yes I believe it is Tungsten Silver, Indium grey is a lot darker.

The link below is a non VW Tiguan Colour Guide which you might find useful. But as I said before pictures do not seem to give the Tungsten Silver justice it is a great colour and suits the Tiguans lines well.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/volkswagen-tiguan-colours-guide-and-prices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Hi Stumpy

Nice colour fella, I had to choose between that and the Tungsten silver I opted for, tough decision, hope I don't regret it :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Timbo said:
Hi Stumpy

Nice colour fella, I had to choose between that and the Tungsten silver I opted for, tough decision, hope I don't regret it :?
You won't 'Timbo'.....must admit I haven't seen a colour yet I dislike...but the Indium Grey won it in the end for me .....as it doesn't show up the road muck as much so less washing ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
stumpy said:
Hi Stumpy and Timbo,

Bertha is looking fantastic Stumpy the Indium Grey is also a great colour to show off the Tiguan lines.

Timbo I can promise you you will not be disappointed with Tungsten Silver, I was a bit concerned when I ordered the car as my previous cars have all been dark colours so I wanted a change and I was not disappointed at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
DeT said:
stumpy said:
Hi Stumpy and Timbo,

Bertha is looking fantastic Stumpy the Indium Grey is also a great colour to show off the Tiguan lines.

Timbo I can promise you you will not be disappointed with Tungsten Silver, I was a bit concerned when I ordered the car as my previous cars have all been dark colours so I wanted a change and I was not disappointed at all.
Thanks 'DeT'.. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Was looking at the chrome boot sill protector at the week end at VW garage but they only had photos and no one new if it was brushed metal or not, was wodering what it would look like on the black R line :?: As on the Toureg they have a chrome with black and it looks preety neat. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Was looking at the chrome boot sill protector at the week end at VW garage but they only had photos and no one new if it was brushed metal or not, was wodering what it would look like on the black R line :?: As on the Toureg they have a chrome with black and it looks preety neat. :D
I think on an earlier post 'FTT' someone said that the Toureg chrome protector fits the new Tiguan......
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top