Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spotted a considerable amount of scratches, in the left and right side chrome strips running along the windows. I've had the car new since Feb. It's definitely not vandalism, or carelesssness on my part. Have there been any other reports of this by other members?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, when I say scratches, I mean very small pitted scratches. Also, not at mark on the bodywork.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Has the car been coated with any type of sealant? Perhaps this is on the surface of the material and looks like scratches.
Possibly something has etched the surface. I would think it unlikely to be corrosion at this early stage- but there is always the possibility of substandard material being used. Pictures would be helpful if possible- and a trip to the dealer for their opinion might be in order.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
niggly58 said:
Has the car been coated with any type of sealant? Perhaps this is on the surface of the material and looks like scratches.
Possibly something has etched the surface. I would think it unlikely to be corrosion at this early stage- but there is always the possibility of substandard material being used. Pictures would be helpful if possible- and a trip to the dealer for their opinion might be in order.
I'll get some photos sorted and post back - probably Monday afternoon.

Definitely not coating or a corrosion issue - looks more like a material defect.

I'm going to contact VWCS and take the matter up with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts