Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

When I turn my steering wheel to full lock, I hear a slight clicking noise.

Has anyone else experienced this? Normal?

Cheers

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do you have mud flaps and with the extra width (20") wheels as well - could it be that on full lock the wheel is connecting with the mudflap slightly - turn it to full lock when on your driveway and get out and have a look.

(PS - I'm no expert, but have had a car in the past where the wheels just slightly rubbed the mud flaps when on full lock)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Def coming from the steering wheel itself (+ I have no mud flaps!)

Thanks though

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would like to say it's probably the clock spring inside the steering wheel. I had a similar problem on my golf 6 and they ended up changing it as well as the airbag for precaution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty sure its the clock spring. Mine made that noise then the airbag was deactivated and none of the steering wheel controls (including the horn) work. It's going in to the dealers on Wednesday.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Merc are recalling 400,000 UK cars for same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just had this Steering Wheel clicking thing happen in my 2015 Tig. It most Noticeable around full Steering Lock.
The AIrbag warning light is also now showing... :(
All other Steering Control Functions/Horn are working OK.

Car is out of warranty since May this Year, so any advice on how Dealership will treat this and what the repair costs are likely to be (Ireland)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
mclysaghtn said:
Hi Guys,

Just had this Steering Wheel clicking thing happen in my 2015 Tig. It most Noticeable around full Steering Lock.
The AIrbag warning light is also now showing... :(
All other Steering Control Functions/Horn are working OK.

Car is out of warranty since May this Year, so any advice on how Dealership will treat this and what the repair costs are likely to be (Ireland)

Cheers!
This is a MK2 tiguan forum, you would be better asking on a MK1 forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts