Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very frustrating that the heated climate windscreen isn't available on the Tiguan when it can be fitted to Golf and Passat models. Got the heated windscreen on my current CC and will really miss it when I get my Tiguan. Got to be one of the most useful accessories ever IMO.
Anyone seen or heard any rumours that this option might be available on the Tiguan the I can get it added to my order ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wished they had because I've noticed over the past few cold days the the inside of my windscreen gets a lot of condensation and takes ages to clear even with ac on full blast. Any one else having this problem? :(

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Yes, I noticed exactly the same the other morning. Quite heavy condensation on the inside of the windscreen which took a great deal of time to clear. Had the same problem with my Golf GT, so it's something I'm used to. Nuisance all the same :evil:

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
In my country (Croatia) there is a heated windscreen option for comfortline and highline tiguans (no wires, infrared, about 400 euros)

·
Registered
25 Posts
... but is connected with 'Preparation for the phone "Business"', which will cost you additional 600 euros.
Don't know who is creating such combinations.
:roll:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I get exactly the same issue. I wonder if its an inherent design flaw with the heating/vents. Takes an age to clear.
Does my head in that VW offers options in some European countries and not others.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This makes me even more annoyed when it could be done if it's available elsewhere in Europe. Not a deal breaker, but this would have been top of my extras list. Does anyone from VW (UK) read this forum ? If so please take note. There again if it does become available just after I get mine, it'll bring on a proper Victor Meldrew moment !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Essjay said:
Yes, I noticed exactly the same the other morning. Quite heavy condensation on the inside of the windscreen which took a great deal of time to clear. Had the same problem with my Golf GT, so it's something I'm used to. Nuisance all the same :evil:

Steve
I found it far worse on the previous Tiguan, this one does seem quicker although agreed a nuisance and you'd have thought a heated screen would be available. I would have liked heated screen and steering wheel on R Line.

G

·
Don't know why they don't offer it but i assume that near the end of 2017 or in 2018 they will add the climate windscreen ( and advanced telephone conection) , also the new Discover Pro from Golf2017 and other new options so they can keep sale the car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wondered if it was just me who had the inside misting up but obviously not , never had it in my golf r .
First it was the rear screen and now it's the front as well which is a pain when I come out of work at midnight .
So have now got a dehumidifier pad which I leave in the car and it seems to have helped soak up the moisture in the air .had my brother say he took ages to defrost his 15 Reg Tiguan yesterday as front screen was misted up inside as well so have sent him one as well to see if it helps . £9 for the pair off eBay .

·
Registered
610 Posts
Cheers Bigal, take you had no condensation on the front screen when leaveing this in the car over night ??? :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
No ,nothing , only used it for a wk or so,so far but screen has been clear .
Am off work sick at the mo so car is tucked up in the garage and thought it might have misted up a bit as it's not been used for a wk but nothing . :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Look like a bit of e bat shopping needed cheers for that as I don't have the luxury of a garage :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Climate windscreen is an available option if you choose not to have handsfree. The climate windscreen interferes with the phone signal and when swirched on can block the phone signal even if you place the phone in the optimum position recommended by VW in the recess forward of the gear lever (Qi charger pad). That is my understanding from my VW dealer.

2.0 TSI R-Line 4 Motion, tungsten silver, sebring alloys.

·
Registered
835 Posts
This sounds to be a pain especially with the stated long demising.
On our old Nissan QQ2 we had a full demist where you just hit one button and it put the blowers on full and cleared it almost instantly
Just having a look at the pad and is seems that you can buy them most places like lakeland etc, so they must work.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/24575/Dashboard-Dehumidifier?gclid=CNOz55usxNACFUmeGwodQqUH5Q&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!105382587029!!!g!43864963205!&ef_id=WCdRYwAAADZSkBJ_:20161125163919:s

Crystals change colour when full and just stick in the microwave to reactivate.
I reckon one in the front and one in the boot should get it all sorted, front and rear.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bigal after you information I went to Halfords today and got 50% off there bag which reviews are very good, never even knew these bags existed so thanks once again :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
FTT said:
Bigal after you information I went to Halfords today and got 50% off there bag which reviews are very good, never even knew these bags existed so thanks once again :D
No worries ,only trying to help .
Didn't know such a thing existed until about ten yrs ago when I bought a second hand dog of a golf .
Misted up something chronic on all windows even on a good day .
Was only on the day I traded it in to a dealer that I found out why :!:
When I opened the drivers side rear door there was mushrooms growing on the carpets and they were soaked .
Apparently it was a known fault that if something blocked in the aircon then it dumped all the moisture into that footwell . :eek:
That was when I tried one of these pads and it worked then . :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
A bit off putting this.
Just another thing that you only find out after other owners have had their cars.
Cant really see what VW could do after the effect.
I appreciate that the the pads dont cost much but thats not the point.
What if the car steams up after you have got in the car, or even worse just after you have started to drive off.
Still got the chance to cancel my order which I am seriously thinking of doing.

It would be interesting to know if the Seat Ateca owners are having the same problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personally wouldn't cancel my order over windscreens misting up, it happens on all cars I have had.

Ford, Vauxhall and probably many other manufacturers have got the simple solution of the heated wires in the front screen which work really well, don't know why VW have not followed this.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts