Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what peoples favourite display is on there speedo display? I have large dials with map in centre with consumption & efficiency in centre of both clocks.

White R Line, 2.0 TDi 150ps, 2wd,

·
Registered
64 Posts
same.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Prefer. Nav on big centre screen, radio station or music track inbetween clocks and gear and digital speed in t'other unless Ive put a destination in Nav. then that goes between smaller clocks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Big map small dials with gear and speed :D

G

·
Usually mpg and range but switch to classic from time to time. Not keen on map display as it does not see far enough ahead.

Wish you could switch dial positions - for some reason prefer speedo on left!

Also would like speedo to show every 10 mph rather than 20, 40, 60. i.e. I would like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 etc.. There is ample room..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Big map on the media screen and dials with gear & speed in large numerals in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone got any pictures? I cant decide & keep changing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Matchbox said:
Not keen on map display as it does not see far enough ahead.
Thought the same but zooming out (larger area view) made a big difference, now have it inbetween the dials all the time -very useful if you have traffic turned on as it shows areas of congestion

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
Easton777 said:
Matchbox said:
Not keen on map display as it does not see far enough ahead.
Thought the same but zooming out (larger area view) made a big difference, now have it inbetween the dials all the time -very useful if you have traffic turned on as it shows areas of congestion
Just a quick reminder for those who don't know how to zoom out the map in the center dials, it's just a case of using the 'OK' button.

Steve

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
This is mine.......

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Are you doing loop the loop Steve.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean Chris, are you seeing the picture upside down? 'Cos it's ok on my iPad using the web and Tapatalk. :?:

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Not quite sure what you mean Chris, are you seeing the picture upside down? 'Cos it's ok on my iPad using the web and Tapatalk. :?:

Steve
Yes mate.....for some reason upside down.......but hey ho at least our friends on the forum 'down-under' will see it ok ;) ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
That's strange, I've just logged using my Windoze laptop and the pic is upside down ??.
Since the software upgrade on this site I've noticed quite a few differences/problems.
I've noticed that all of the embedded videos that I put in the VW Technical Videos (Sticky) thread have all disappeared ;) ;), and I'm unable to embed any YouTube videos :?:
I've PM'd Rob a few days ago, but have not had a reply, so I reckon we'll have to put up with it.

Steve

Update: tried adding it upside down, and it showed upside down on the iPad, but still upside down on the laptop, so I'm at a loss to see how you can attatch a photo correctly using both types of browser.!!! :?:

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
Well, I've not changed anything, but went back to the laptop, and it's up the right way. :shock:

Stumpy.......I'm stumped!

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Well, I've not changed anything, but went back to the laptop, and it's up the right way. :shock:

Stumpy.......I'm stumped!

Steve
Yep....it is ok now mate....thanks for the pics though :) :) ..... have a good w/end

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mrslow said:
Dials with gear and speed, with map in the middle. Large map when needed.
Ditto same here. Is there any way of setting the display for small dials all the time ?
Sometimes mine keeps the small dials on start up, but frequently it defaults back to the large ones. No big deal to flip it back, but it sometimes irritates me !

·
Registered
157 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Mrslow said:
Dials with gear and speed, with map in the middle. Large map when needed.
Ditto same here. Is there any way of setting the display for small dials all the time ?
Sometimes mine keeps the small dials on start up, but frequently it defaults back to the large ones. No big deal to flip it back, but it sometimes irritates me !
Yes mine does the same, I cannot work out why it changes..? I thought it was to do with the keyless entry, as it appeared to stay on the small dials when unlocked with the key, but this does not seem to work as this morning it reverted back to large dials... very annoying,,,!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts