Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today a little build up of condensation on both indicators....anyone else suffering that? Will have to wizz down to the dealers me thinks!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi JonP, I have noticed a slight condensation on the nearside indicator unit, but looks more worrying on the offside headlight unit. I did about 200 miles in heavy rain over the weekend, with lights on, but there is a lot of misting inside the main headlight compartment and indicator section. Will be dropping into dealer as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I noticed water spots in one of my headlights after hosing the car down. Not major but once it starts you know the outcome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Took it to my dealer for a quick look, no sign of damage to the headlight unit, to be replaced under warranty :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had condensation in my drivers side headlight by the indicator that would not evaporate and dealer changed it under warranty. No problems since.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Apologies to resurrect an older thread. I have had some condensation in both my indicator housings (under the headlight) the last few days. It comes and goes, seems to get worse after driving in rain or damp conditions. Has anyone else experienced this recently? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with rear camera, park assist & fully debadged
2,565 Posts
I also have a small amount of condensation on my Tiguan headlights, I think it's quite normal. On my previous Skoda it even mentioned it in the owners manual saying it is normal and not a problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had read the LED headlights were vented in some way to allow some circulation of air, but I was sure if the indicator housings were a similar setup. I'm guessing atmospheric conditions plan a role in this, where I live the weather is fairly wet and murky, so probably promotes condensation?

·
Registered
953 Posts
There is a breather tube off the back of the headlights so once the lights get warm they will emit the condensation out, the is a funnel bit that goes to the headlight case as a locater and this sometimes folds over and does not locate correctly and this can cause more condense

·
Registered
140 Posts
If dealers are replacing them (don't suppose they're cheap), then VW must be acknowledging it as an issue.

I for one, will be checking mine, and popping down the dealers if necessary...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, I think I'll do the same, it's a fantastic car, hopefully the dealer will sort it out if required, I've only had the car a week, lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I spoke to the dealer today about this. They said temporary light misting in the headlight unit is considered 'normal' and VW wouldn't cover them to do a warranty replacement at that stage. However, if the misting gets worse and creates larger water droplets inside the headlight unit, then they would replace. This seems consistent with what I've read on other forums for other VAG vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had my 1.4tsi for 2 weeks after waiting 7 months for it, noticed last week that the offside headlight was misted up all along the bottom edge. Contacted the dealer who will be collecting it on Thursday to investigate. It has got a little better but still misted up. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Be interested to hear what you think of the 1.4 tsi engine performance.

;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
My indicators also do this. Not overly fussed as no water droplets inside lenses and also disappears under normal operating temps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah not really a big deal for me either, I thought is was a bit strange when I first saw it - I think the good old British weather plays a big part - cold and damp :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts