Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting my Tiguan which will have standard sound system, and looking for a sound upgrade.
I feel like there are too many plug and play options to decide.

There is the helix sub for the spare wheel..

Then i found those:

Which one would you go for as a good standalone upgrade? Not looking to do a full system...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,247 Posts
You might be as well to wait until your car arrives and try the standard system first, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Definitely something we can agree on ther Blakey.
I used to be hung up on upgrades etc but the 2 Tigs I've had are a right surprise

Reactions: Blakey

·
Registered
256 Posts
My current Mercedes has a nice sound system and sub in the boot and I was completely surprised how good the Tiguan sound system is in standard form, which made me happy as the sound system upgrade was not available at time of ordering.

Time will tell but I would not worry about it until you have had the car a while and really had time to decide if good enough or not.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Plus one for that sentiment. I’m perfectly happy with the standard sound system on mine. Had HK in the last car and the Tig is it’s equal to my ears (I’m not an audiophile but do like my music).

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am awaiting my Tiguan which will have standard sound system, and looking for a sound upgrade.
I feel like there are too many plug and play options to decide.

There is the helix sub for the spare wheel..

Then i found those:

Which one would you go for as a good standalone upgrade? Not looking to do a full system...

Thanks in advance
why did you not have the tiguan upgrade, i had the dynaudio one as a factory fit

·
Registered
447 Posts
why did you not have the tiguan upgrade, i had the dynaudio one as a factory fit
If it’s a recent order the upgrade has been deleted as an option…

·
Registered
628 Posts
that's the problem at the moment , the cars including Audi are being heavily restricted with add ons. It is why i have decided not to replace for a year.

·
Registered
628 Posts
its still showing as harman/kardon as an option.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe with a broker / lease company but def isn’t available on the UK VW config pages.

A few sites I’ve seen have not updated based on newly removed options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for your helpful replies everybody.
I know what the standard system sounds like, and even though i Agree, its a top notch standard system, i do miss the tune of my old b&o i had on the Audi. Can’t describe it with the technical terms, but it was more refined.. Reason i didn’t get the upgrade is because i bought the car used and had to compromise…

·
Registered
628 Posts
that's the problem at the moment , the cars including Audi are being heavily restricted with add ons. It is why i have decided not to replace for a year.
(y):)

·
Registered
628 Posts
thanks for your helpful replies everybody.
I know what the standard system sounds like, and even though i Agree, its a top notch standard system, i do miss the tune of my old b&o i had on the Audi. Can’t describe it with the technical terms, but it was more refined.. Reason i didn’t get the upgrade is because i bought the car used and had to compromise…
:)(y)

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've fitted loads of Match and Helix components to various cars (both brands are Audiotec Fischer), I've fitted that Vibe amp and its subwoofer amp cousin to another car, and I've fitted the Eton UG speakers to my current Tiguan. So... out of those choices, I would go for the Eton UG speakers. Will post a thread link.

Caveat: My Tiguan is a 2019. They may have improved the quality of the factory tweeters by now. I doubt it, knowing VW, but they may have :)

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I’ve usually had Bose, B&O or KH in the car so have never done an audio upgrade before. Just have the standard kit in this one, and it is fine but lacks a little bass. How east a job would adding a sub-woofer be? Under seat is probably not an option as I have leather electric seats, so probably boot or spare wheel area

·
Registered
236 Posts
*easy not east!!

• Haha
Reactions: SGreen679
1 - 18 of 18 Posts