Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Driving new Tiguan 1.5TSI around month already and it is enough for not sporty driving.
DSG works smoothly, but only big downside for me that its have rattle noise at low speed driving on bumpy roads :(

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
113 Posts
Driving new Tiguan 1.5TSI around month already and it is enough for not sporty driving.
DSG works smoothly, but only big downside for me that its have rattle noise at low speed driving on bumpy roads :(
Mmmm, I don’t get that noise in my car from the dsg, a sort of sporty driving can be achieved by switching to sport mode, the only annoying noise I get is from the near side front door seal that is nearly always squeaking but that is weather dependant

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mmmm, I don’t get that noise in my car from the dsg, a sort of sporty driving can be achieved by switching to sport mode, the only annoying noise I get is from the near side front door seal that is nearly always squeaking but that is weather dependant
I wrote here about noise etc
If you not have such problem than you in better luck :) I getting it while driving on road as in video with slow speed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wrote here about noise etc
If you not have such problem than you in better luck :) I getting it while driving on road as in video with slow speed.
Have just watched the video and not heard anything like that before, are you sure it’s the gearbox especially as it’s on a bumpy/cobbled road?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have just watched the video and not heard anything like that before, are you sure it’s the gearbox especially as it’s on a bumpy/cobbled road?
Dealer told me it is gearbox, yes. And that it is OK. I reserved diagnostics in middle of august from another dealer center ... Also I will ask them that they get written confirmation from VW that this is how it should be...
Also I found a lot reports (German forums mainly) about this issue... Looks like this noise comes from flywheel.
But I hope I will get some answers after diagnostics. So far this is only issue I have. This comes out only when drive slow on bumpy road. If drive faster there no noise. I mean if you want to save suspension and drive slowly I hear such rattle noise :D

P.S. Also I made test ride with test car (1.5tsi Rline) and this car had similar noise.

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,403 Posts
I get a noise from the front nearside area, but that could be down to my driving style.
I just crank up the volume on the media centre and she tends to give up complaining then

😜

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got same comment from dealer - make louder music ... what was some kind of BS to me :oops::(
I know it should not make any difference really but is you current the new facelift model? As mine is a run out R Line tech model and perhaps the gearbox set up has been changed for what ever reason, when I used to test drive customers in dsg cars at various speeds no one ever mentioned any noises and not even after the car had been bought,
ps, now I know when my squeaks come from my music volume is increased

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know it should not make any difference really but is you current the new facelift model? As mine is a run out R Line tech model and perhaps the gearbox set up has been changed for what ever reason, when I used to test drive customers in dsg cars at various speeds no one ever mentioned any noises and not even after the car had been bought,
ps, now I know when my squeaks come from my music volume is increased
Yes, facelift model
Sky Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perhaps it might be because the gearbox set up been changed then from what I have, does seem odd though,
nice colour by the way as my sister in law is waiting (still) for an Elegance in the same colour
Yeah, I like this colour too ... I was skeptical about it when I made order (because I saw it only in "life" equipment and life by itself not looking so attractive) ...
But I saw mine 1st time I like it directly. Also everyone who saw my car like colour too.
In overall I everything in Tiguan. Hope I can deal with rattle noise than its will be perfect for me.
Also I was impressed with stock audio by the way. We also made comparison stock audio and +800eur audio in Toyota. Well, extra audio in Toyota sounds better, but not for +800eur :))

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm really looking forward to my 1.5 petrol model after reading all of the comments :cautious:

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,403 Posts
I'm really looking forward to my 1.5 petrol model after reading all of the comments :cautious:
You're coming from a TDi 150 4Motion to a TSi 150 Fwd
I had a 1.4Tsi 150 4Motion and didn't feel like I was missing much, except at motorway speeds

·
Registered
194 Posts
I stated Skoda built the dsg gearbox as that is what we told during Skoda history training in 2017 when I was at the VAG National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes, I can only blame my instructor for incorrect teaching
Skoda do in fact make the gearboxes so your instructor was actually correct 👍😃

·
Registered
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with rear camera, park assist & fully debadged
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
That noise cannot be ‘normal’ surely if that was a DSG issue it would be mechanical and some component banging against another or some sort of friction, either way could not be good longevity wise.

Did not hear anything like that in the facelift 1.5TSI I test drove. Any sign of a sound like that and I’d be straight back to the dealers, again and again and again. No way that’s normal or acceptable personally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My only advise is to avoid the 1.5 with a manual box. The combination has a tendency to kangaroo when pulling away. A quick Google search will bring up pages and pages of cars across the VAG with this issue. I rejected a manual 1.5 T-Cross a few years ago with this issue. The issue has to do with the miller cycle design that the engine is based on.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My only advise is to avoid the 1.5 with a manual box. The combination has a tendency to kangaroo when pulling away. A quick Google search will bring up pages and pages of cars across the VAG with this issue. I rejected a manual 1.5 T-Cross a few years ago with this issue. The issue has to do with the miller cycle design that the engine is based on.
I haven't experienced "a tendency to kangaroo" with my 1.5TSI with a manual box. I admit the 130PS is not that powerful but it is still new and sometime in the future I might think about adding a tuning box to increase torque and horsepower just a little bit.

Reactions: Sparkie1984
21 - 39 of 39 Posts