Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked teh Eurocarparts website and see that there are a number of different brake disks / pads that might be fitted to my 2017 Tiguan SEL. Apparently I need to find a PR Number for the car. It has been suggested that this MAY be in the boot, but I cannot see anything. Can anyone advise me where I will find the information to enable me to be certain I am getting the correct parts - as 2 of the rotor options only differ by 2mm, and I am guessing the pads are impossible to identify just by looking at them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I have now managed to find a table which apparently lists the various PR numbers for the car - but unfortunately I have not been able to find any key which explains what the various codes refer to. Specifically, in this case I am trying to find which codes in the table refer to the brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 pure white Tiguan R-Line 150 4Motion
45 Posts
Hi Mach1, i found this chart that may help you.http://prsearch.planetvag.com/
Just enter your pr codes and it tells you what they are.
your pr codes for brakes on your sticker will be 1KU and 1ZA.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have checked teh Eurocarparts website and see that there are a number of different brake disks / pads that might be fitted to my 2017 Tiguan SEL. Apparently I need to find a PR Number for the car. It has been suggested that this MAY be in the boot, but I cannot see anything. Can anyone advise me where I will find the information to enable me to be certain I am getting the correct parts - as 2 of the rotor options only differ by 2mm, and I am guessing the pads are impossible to identify just by looking at them.
A few problems, you will need new rotors and that is not negotiable.

Retracting the rear pads needs more than a screwdriver, be careful as it can get expensive if the correct procedure is not followed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A few problems, you will need new rotors and that is not negotiable.

Retracting the rear pads needs more than a screwdriver, be careful as it can get expensive if the correct procedure is not followed.
Why would you need new rotors if they still have enough on them.

I had my car in at VW for some work and they advised only a brake pad change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts