Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must finally be warm again in the north east, my creaking wing mirrors have returned.

My current and previous Tiguan have been into the dealers for this in the past, I'm guessing they just squirt some silicone on the moving parts to stop this noise?

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
53 Posts
It must finally be warm again in the north east, my creaking wing mirrors have returned.

My current and previous Tiguan have been into the dealers for this in the past, I'm guessing they just squirt some silicone on the moving parts to stop this noise?
I dont have a creeking mirror but I do have a creaking/sweaky near side front door seal, after it went to my local dealer and they could hear it on a test drive but they couldn’t find anything loose in the workshop, after pushing pulling to track the annoying noise down I finally pretty much think it’s the rubber surround door seal, like you I think it is a weather thing as the warmer it get the louder it becomes then the music volume is increased, yes annoying

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just squirt some WD40 in mine, that seems to solve the squeak! Lock/unlock a few times to lubricate the mechanism and it's all sorted :)

Reactions: leehal

·
Registered
632 Posts

silicone spray. I had that on the seat when sitting in it. spayed some in and never come back.

Reactions: leehal

·
Super Moderator
3,111 Posts
I used GT85 and spayed this in the joint between the base of the mirror at the rubber and it stopped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts